Notices

Graphene Coating

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 10:29 AM
RonnyC
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Graphene Coating

Has anyone had their car done... wondering if it is better than ceramic coating. It seems to be the new thing.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:08 PM
996TS
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I did a graphene coating DIY on my SUV... The results have been excellent and performance very similar (much to my disappointment) to the Ceramic Coating *with multi-year warranty* that cost me maybe 2k (paint correction + front ppf + ceramic = 6k tax in...)

I used this https://www.303products.com.au/produ...-spray-coating

Maybe took me 1-2 hour (after washing) to apply in all areas, taking my time, the bottle cost is $40?

This graphene product also worked EXCELLENT on trim + black plastic exterior bits. Better than ceramic coating, and darkened the black plastic to what looks like new condition... I will be using it again.

Last edited by 996TS; 03-03-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2023, 03:06 PM
RonnyC
Instructor

Thanks for the info.... I was also wondering if I could do this myself. I actually enjoy spending the time detailing, I find it therapeutic. Costs for coating is up there, I may follow your lead.
The following users liked this post:
996TS (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 06:14 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

I have used and like Adams products (but not tried graphine yet) adams

you can find their Cdn distributors, and they have sales often.

Last edited by Turbodan; 03-03-2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add
RonnyC (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 09:18 PM
996TS
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonnyC
Thanks for the info.... I was also wondering if I could do this myself. I actually enjoy spending the time detailing, I find it therapeutic. Costs for coating is up there, I may follow your lead.
I will continue using the Aerospace 303 Graphene coating given the performance I have seen. Unlikely I see myself paying the premium to have a shop do ceramic coating (again...). Despite my initial thoughts it seems to be all margin, not really about a high-cost product
RonnyC (03-03-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 02:01 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Where do you guys get your detailing products from? Anywhere good in Vancouver / can’t find any.

Adams now has a few things at CTire. Carzilla doesn’t have the products I’m looking for.

Not sure that I want to have gallons of things shipped!
Old 03-04-2023, 02:13 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

can this Graphene products be applied on top of ceramic coatings? my car is ceramic coated thats why i ask.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:48 PM
RonnyC
Instructor

Carzilla carries a lot of stuff.... use their search feature as I found that sometimes I can't find a product but using the search feature I locate it. PolishAngel from Germany has good stuff... and you can order from them directly.

Pro Detailing Supplies in Mississauga has good product inventory. Also, try Meticulous Detailing.

996TS (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 06:53 PM
RonnyC
Instructor

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Where do you guys get your detailing products from? Anywhere good in Vancouver / can’t find any.

Adams now has a few things at CTire. Carzilla doesn’t have the products I’m looking for.

Not sure that I want to have gallons of things shipped!
Its a lot... but I find it goes. I buy the jugs and use an IK Sprayer... much more cost effective.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:32 PM
996TS
Instructor

Originally Posted by go-ran
can this Graphene products be applied on top of ceramic coatings? my car is ceramic coated thats why i ask.
Yes it can, Aerospace 303 has it written in the fine print somewhere, or one of their instructional videos on Youtube...
Old 03-06-2023, 07:16 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Carzilla carries a lot of stuff.... use their search feature as I found that sometimes I can't find a product but using the search feature I locate it. PolishAngel from Germany has good stuff... and you can order from them directly.

Pro Detailing Supplies in Mississauga has good product inventory. Also, try Meticulous Detailing.
Its a lot... but I find it goes. I buy the jugs and use an IK Sprayer... much more cost effective.
Thank you. Ended up ordering a PILE of things from AutoIbsessed in Edmonton online. Free shipping. Endless products. Went a little overboard! My Active 2.0 pressure washer should be here in a couple weeks. Looking forward to a slick setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by BioBanker:
996TS (03-08-2023), RonnyC (03-06-2023)
Old 03-13-2023, 03:08 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey gang! A few thoughts:

Graphene as a detailing additive is more of a marketing buzzword currently than an actual technological advancement. Some products literally mix in the raw graphite oxide into their existing formulation and hope/assume it's doing something valuable. Most of the products are mixed with a traditional liquid wax (the OTC stuff) or ceramic coating (SiO2 based) in the case of the "pro installation" category. Most product testing doesn't reveal any benefit to "graphene infused" ceramic coating vs non-infused ceramic coating.

It IS possible to maintain a car well with OTC waxes/sealants - but they need to be frequently reapplied to offer a level of protection anywhere near what a ceramic coating can offer (with very little maintenance over several years). If you've found an OTC "graphene" wax that you like - by all means, keep using it. But I doubt that it's behaving much differently than the other waxes from the same manufacturer.

THE REFINERY
Paint Correction | Ceramic Coatings | Paint Protection Film | Detailing Products
6 Carlaw Avenue
Toronto, Canada.

www.therefinery.ltd

+1.416.848.2868
info@therefinery.ltd
Follow us on: Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
THE REFINERY's YouTube Channel

992.Turbo.S (03-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Graphene Coating