Notices

PCC - Canada vs. US

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 09:37 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PCC - Canada vs. US

Greetings, New to this Canadian forum. I recently repatriated back to Canada from overseas, including the US. I brought my 2018 911 with me (from the US) and was recently informed by PCNA and Vodafone that the Porsche Car Connect (PCC) is country specific, and will not work in Canada. Are any members aware of a “fix” that will enable the PCC remote features (e.g., location tracking, info management, geo fencing etc.)? I am not interested in 3rd party apps.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:47 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

Hi AKawasaki,

Welcome back and welcome to the Canadian forums.

I may be of no real help but I am curious - is your 911 a North American-based vehicle or is it a UK/European model? Also curious how or why Vodafone was your network provider to the vehicle. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2022, 03:05 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Hi AKawasaki,

Welcome back and welcome to the Canadian forums.

I may be of no real help but I am curious - is your 911 a North American-based vehicle or is it a UK/European model? Also curious how or why Vodafone was your network provider to the vehicle. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the welcome. My 911 is originally a North American, specifically US vehicle. I selected the 911 variant and options from a US Porsche dealership-acquired new. In the US, and I thought the same in Canada, Vodafone administers the subscription based access (using the AT&T network in the US).
Old 12-21-2022, 04:49 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 133 Posts

I purchased a new key complete with programming for my 996 from a fellow named Enie who works for Ensunlocks. I shopped around for this key, and he was competitive and knew what he was doing.

In providing me a key he had to (pre)-purchase it from Porsche in Atlanta and obtain their green-light/clearance to program it to my car. I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology in describing what he did, but my point is that he is not some unauthorized tech-guy hacking into these cars. He also does ECU stuff, and that's why he may be worth a call....

Enie @ 905 447 2264. He's located in the Midland and Steeles area (GTA )

Old 12-21-2022, 09:41 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
Thanks for the welcome. My 911 is originally a North American, specifically US vehicle. I selected the 911 variant and options from a US Porsche dealership-acquired new. In the US, and I thought the same in Canada, Vodafone administers the subscription based access (using the AT&T network in the US).
Thanks for that.

CUBIC Telecom manages VW Auto Group subscriptions in Canada and I believe (I may be wrong!) that Porsche is also managed by them, or at least soon. It may be worthwhile to ask Porsche Canada about enabling this capability on your car, and not PCNA.

Interesting note: Vodafone Group in the US is looking to switch wireless providers soon.

Last edited by bcrdukes; 12-21-2022 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:08 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Originally Posted by vetfever
I purchased a new key complete with programming for my 996 from a fellow named Enie who works for Ensunlocks. I shopped around for this key, and he was competitive and knew what he was doing.

In providing me a key he had to (pre)-purchase it from Porsche in Atlanta and obtain their green-light/clearance to program it to my car. I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology in describing what he did, but my point is that he is not some unauthorized tech-guy hacking into these cars. He also does ECU stuff, and that's why he may be worth a call....

Enie @ 905 447 2264. He's located in the Midland and Steeles area (GTA )
thank you.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:10 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Thanks for that.

CUBIC Telecom manages VW Auto Group subscriptions in Canada and I believe (I may be wrong!) that Porsche is also managed by them, or at least soon. It may be worthwhile to ask Porsche Canada about enabling this capability on your car, and not PCNA.

Interesting note: Vodafone Group in the US is looking to switch wireless providers soon.
Thank you. I will reach out to Porsche Canada. Wasn’t even aware this existed given the PCNA org.

Quick Reply: PCC - Canada vs. US