Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Canada (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada-98/)
-   -   Z06 (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-canada/130061-z06.html)

yongster 04-26-2004 09:02 PM

Z06

Was that you passing my house in the grey GT3? If not, there is someone else with the same colour.

Z06 04-27-2004 10:56 PM

Yes, I always see your car parked in the driveway, i live near 7 Eleven, actually i live a few houses away from the coin car wash by 7 Eleven. I like to go threw the S corner near Brooke Ave, see how the car behaves.

I am considering the GT3 seats, how do you like them? When are you around i would like to check out the seats.

On Friday morning i have an appointment at DFC to install the B&M shifter, Evo shift link, alignment, BMC, ride height check and to get some kind of switch to deactivate the air bag, oh yah and install the MPSC.

yongster 04-28-2004 12:01 AM

Z06,

You are welcome to try the seats anytime. I also have an appointment on friday at DFC to fix my air conditioner. You should forget the alignment check at DFC because the car is too low for their machine. They hit my lip spoiler and partially pulled it off (PFAFF is going to check it next week).
I was at DFC on saturday and saw 4 MPSC. They must have been yours. Ask them to show you the new GT2 in the back with the CF wing (if you haven't seen it already).

Z06 04-28-2004 02:49 AM

maybe they should remove the spoiler before the alignment, thanks for the heads up, i will talk to them about it prior to the work done.

Those are my MPSC, getting the car ready for the first Solo 1 event at Shannoville.

What's wrong with your air conditioner?

I will be picking my car up around 5:30 to 6:pm on Friday.

delhi 04-28-2004 09:53 AM

well not sure if it's one of you, but i spotted a red GT3 on Avenue and Eglinton on Monday.
Also a yellow GT3 yesterday too. berry berry nice.

JLJ 04-28-2004 03:25 PM

do not get your GT3 aligned at the dealer..go to fiorano and they will do it right. the dealer will not do a proper job.
firano races GT3 cup cars and has tons of experience. i was there today talking to nick about my GT3 when it comes in and he has alot of advice about suspension tuning on GT3 and even modifying the LSD to work right.

yongster 04-28-2004 03:53 PM

Jason,

I'm just going to check the alignment under warranty to see if it's at factory spec. (since Howard Dexter and Dave Lacey told me the car handles a little weird). I'll take it to Fiorano's later in the summer (before I track it).

Z06,

If they remove the front spoiler, then they have to replace the double sided tape which helps to attach it to the bottom of the bumper. Since you are planning to race it, I would take Jason's advice and take it to Fiorano's.

My air conditioner isn't producing any cold air (compressor works but no cold air).:confused:

Z06 04-28-2004 05:02 PM

I have talked Fiorano about the GT3 and will try out the car as is first and then decide if and what to do.

I will let DFC re & re the front spoiler to do the alignment, they told me not to worry, they will guaranty the work, it should be fine.

As for alignment spec, what we came up with should work well, when i go to the track i will be able to find the setup that works best, using my Pyrometer and seeing the handling traits, from there i will decide/adjust sway bar settings as well.

Here is a link to CASC forums which is for local race/Solo 1-2 info plus lapping events.

http://racing.kos.net/soloforums/index.php?

mdex 04-28-2004 08:26 PM

You have to love Porsche, buy a GT3 and you have to redo the suspension to make it work properly. These cars are going to be really sensitive to set up, and I wouldn't trust the dealer to be able to make the fine adjustments needed. Chatting with the guys at Fiorano one Saturday it seems that it can take a few hours or more to set the alignment properly on the GT3.

Z06 04-28-2004 08:51 PM

I just don't get it............... who has tried a stock GT3 at the Track and said it did not work.......there are several people on the GT3 forum who have tracked there properly aligned and setup GT3 with no problems........if the car has a push or oversteer problem then you use the adjustable sway bars to dial it in......the front swaybar has a five way adjustment and the rear four........

Use your Pyrometer and dial in your camber as needed, no one setup works everywhere.

I am sure Fiorano has a great setup that can apply to the street GT3, but please do not dismiss the stock car.

I could be wrong, but i will wait until i have tested the car for myself.

As far as the dealer goes, i have talked to the mechanic at DFC who will be doing my setup and he seems capable and willing to do the job properly....

JLJ 04-28-2004 08:59 PM

Well ZO6 you can either listen or do what you think is right. I asked a dealer to do a GT3 spec alignment on my car and it came back with positive camber in the front which the dealer insisted was negative. GT3 come with inconsistent alignment from factory, will the dealer corner balance your car? No they won't, does the delear have years of GT3 experience like fiorano? No..take it to fiorano, or go to the dealer and have a badly setup car for every track and the street. Whatever you like

JLJ 04-28-2004 09:08 PM

Well ZO6 you can either listen or do what you think is right. I asked a dealer to do a GT3 spec alignment on my car and it came back with positive camber in the front which the dealer insisted was negative. GT3 come with inconsistent alignment from factory, will the dealer corner balance your car? No they won't, does the delear have years of GT3 experience like fiorano? No..take it to fiorano, or go to the dealer and have a badly setup car for every track and the street. Whatever you like

Alon 04-29-2004 09:01 AM

If it's going to be Courtney at DFC who is working on your car, you should be OK. He wrenches for Fiorano at the tracks and knows their setup. That said, you'll probably just get the stock settings alignment (which may give you enough camber and decent toe for the stock tires but not for the Sport Cups or Corsas).

mdex 04-29-2004 10:09 AM

Courtney is great, and he is probably the best in the city if you want to go to a dealer. I don't think that the GT3 is in any way a poor track car, but it is set up critical and from the cars I have seen at the track so far most of them are not set up properly from the factory.

yongster 04-29-2004 12:42 PM

JLJ,

Which dealer did your alignment? Just curious. Mike at PFAFF has been recommended to me , and I know Courtney at DFC.