Notices

Trading 2007 911 TT - trying something creative...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 03:37 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Trading 2007 911 TT - trying something creative...

Hello RL people,

I have a 2007 911 TT and am considering selling at some point, but thought of reaching out to the community first to see if anyone is interested in trading?

I am looking for something a little less precious, but still very nice that I would drive more often, probably even drive in winter when the roads are dry. People say the Turbo is an investment car, but that's not what I'm into these days. I could sell outright in the next few weeks and then maybe wait to see what the market does and purchase in the Fall (always a good time I find), but thought why not a trade? That way myself and the other other party are buying/selling in the same market conditions.

So, I am happy to provide as many details as necessary, but given that the car is not officially for sale, I would only do so for someone who's interested in my proposal.

What am I looking for? Fair question: 2006 or newer, Tiptronic or PDK, base car, S, and C4 all in the mix. Prefer a more vivid colour, but wouldn't rule anything out other than black.

My car is a 2007 TT, tiptronic, white 66,5xx km, fairly well optioned car including full black leather. Quite mint, only mod being lower on H&R springs (have the originals). The car just had a dry-ice treatment at Zorotech, so it's spotless.

Again, will provide info to anyone who has a car to offer as a trade. Pic below for reference:

Last edited by vetfever; 05-07-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 06:41 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I'll be that guy...you have the ultimate non-precious, drive as much as you want, bulletproof and depreciation-proof (mostly) 911 already.

Turbos are probably some of the lest susceptible to depreciation regardless of mileage and they are tough!

That said if you're looking to put cash in your pocket in a hot market and walk away with something you can still enjoy it's a good plan too.
The following users liked this post:
maximusbibicus (05-09-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 10:20 AM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
I'll be that guy...you have the ultimate non-precious, drive as much as you want, bulletproof and depreciation-proof (mostly) 911 already.

Turbos are probably some of the lest susceptible to depreciation regardless of mileage and they are tough!

That said if you're looking to put cash in your pocket in a hot market and walk away with something you can still enjoy it's a good plan too.
You’re not wrong; at the same time I can’t see myself driving the Turbo come winter.

Hence my experiment in a trade, hoping something comes up that motivates to take action.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:08 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

I bet it's brilliant in the winter. but I get what you're saying.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:57 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskoka
I bet it's brilliant in the winter. but I get what you're saying.
My 996TT is a blast in the snow.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:23 AM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I drive my 2009 turbo all year. Don't worry about it. Get some snow tires and a second set of rims.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:18 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Drove my 997s through two summers and two winters on snow tires, and three sets of summer tires. The smiles, still keeps me warm today.
The perfect car, and fear, is a real issue. it does play with your psyche. For you? It will cut both ways.
Fear of driving, and damaging the pristine. Fear of loss, if you sell it.

Best car I ever had? 1999 Ford Explorer. 29o,ooo kms. Paid $240 dollars for it. It certified and my friend put another 100k on it.
She put on another set of tires, a set of brakes, and a used muffler.
My greatest fear, was the car breaking down. And how I was going to get the $50 dollars of gas out of it? It’s all about perspective.
My vote. Drive your turbo, roll down the windows, bask in the audible symphony of the best engine sound ever made. Wash the nicest body lines ever made.
The following users liked this post:
LastMezger (06-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Trading 2007 911 TT - trying something creative...