Notices

Behind the Scenes - My Porsche App - Service Stopped

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 09:56 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 757 Posts
Default Behind the Scenes - My Porsche App - Service Stopped

Just a heads up for you if you are waiting for a car to show up in the app or for production pictures.

While it's a nice engagement effort by Porsche and Porsche Canada to involve customers in the production process, it was a poor effort in my experience. It was a hassle to get one of my cars being built into the portal, was given much runaround and nonsense help via the customer service channels. Finally somebody who knew something got engaged and solved my issue, a bug in the app was impacting one of my builds among other people. This was resolved only because I was able to connect with the right person through a non-standard method to solve such issues. I only mention that because it's unfortunate that the bulk of people will probably experience the same poor service I did when trying to follow normal channels to resolve the issue. Service response through normal channels is pre-programmed and the rest is up to the agent and their personal abilities or willingness to do a good job.

I was told this week that there is a service upgrade to Behind the Scenes. As a result cars in a defined production cycle will not receive further updates on their production process via the app. No pictures either. My cars happen to be in said production cycle. No ETA for return to normal operations.

Apparently they shut the cameras off for cars destined to Canada. Seems crazy that they program the camera to shut off for Canada cars, to save what cost for a digital picture. Instead, they should have continued to capture pictures and simply emailed them to customers, who would be delighted instead of disappointed.

Incredibly disappointing as I was looking forward to the production pictures for the last 6 months, you can see our US enthusiasts continuing to receive and enjoy them. They look great and is a nice touch from Porsche to bridge the gap in getting your car.

Anyway my rant/PSA is done, for now anyway. Hope this info helps explain things for those impacted.

EDIT - Porsche or Porsche Canada should proactively reach out to customers that are impacted and inform them of the issue. Hey Mr/Mrs. Customer, we have had to suspend Behind the Scenes for cars being produced between X and Y. Due to a needed system upgrade. We deeply regret your experience as we know you have been excited to follow your production journey and receive production photographs of your vehicle. This would be a sensible step to avoid customers left in the dark or creating churn with dealerships, customer service reps from people making inquiries and daily checking of the My Porsche app. Instead they have cut service and told no one.

Last edited by SToronto; 05-06-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:42 AM
GT3Toronto
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brutal!!! I have been checking my app multiple times daily and was eagerly awaiting the build pictures of my incoming GT3. Thanks for the update @SToronto you've saved me a lot of time

Good news is my car arrives in Halifax next week!!
Old 05-06-2022, 11:29 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3Toronto
Brutal!!! I have been checking my app multiple times daily and was eagerly awaiting the build pictures of my incoming GT3. Thanks for the update @SToronto you've saved me a lot of time

Good news is my car arrives in Halifax next week!!
No problem. I don't know the outage period, but would appear to be a big window if your car was impacted. I am guessing your car was produced in early April.

Congrats! Should be with you by end of month then!

Old 05-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Wormiez
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I thought it didn't work for my order being PTS...

My build has been stuck in Stage 1 for ages, but the car is built and on route to Halifax...

It would be cool to experience the Behind the Scenes pics.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:35 PM
lkoury
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Just a heads up for you if you are waiting for a car to show up in the app or for production pictures.

While it's a nice engagement effort by Porsche and Porsche Canada to involve customers in the production process, it was a poor effort in my experience. It was a hassle to get one of my cars being built into the portal, was given much runaround and nonsense help via the customer service channels. Finally somebody who knew something got engaged and solved my issue, a bug in the app was impacting one of my builds among other people. This was resolved only because I was able to connect with the right person through a non-standard method to solve such issues. I only mention that because it's unfortunate that the bulk of people will probably experience the same poor service I did when trying to follow normal channels to resolve the issue. Service response through normal channels is pre-programmed and the rest is up to the agent and their personal abilities or willingness to do a good job.

I was told this week that there is a service upgrade to Behind the Scenes. As a result cars in a defined production cycle will not receive further updates on their production process via the app. No pictures either. My cars happen to be in said production cycle. No ETA for return to normal operations.

Apparently they shut the cameras off for cars destined to Canada. Seems crazy that they program the camera to shut off for Canada cars, to save what cost for a digital picture. Instead, they should have continued to capture pictures and simply emailed them to customers, who would be delighted instead of disappointed.

Incredibly disappointing as I was looking forward to the production pictures for the last 6 months, you can see our US enthusiasts continuing to receive and enjoy them. They look great and is a nice touch from Porsche to bridge the gap in getting your car.

Anyway my rant/PSA is done, for now anyway. Hope this info helps explain things for those impacted.

EDIT - Porsche or Porsche Canada should proactively reach out to customers that are impacted and inform them of the issue. Hey Mr/Mrs. Customer, we have had to suspend Behind the Scenes for cars being produced between X and Y. Due to a needed system upgrade. We deeply regret your experience as we know you have been excited to follow your production journey and receive production photographs of your vehicle. This would be a sensible step to avoid customers left in the dark or creating churn with dealerships, customer service reps from people making inquiries and daily checking of the My Porsche app. Instead they have cut service and told no one.
I got that story as my GT3 T went into production. I was told that as of April 1st, the program was stopped.which was a real bummer, and at the same time my car was not affected by PCCB brake, and electrical harness shortage issues that are sourced in Ukraine. I was told by a friend in Italy that VW is calling customers with 4 door cars on order to try and get them to accept MANUAL rear windows.......
Definitely prefer getting the car more than the pictures.
Car is in Halifax now so maybe by end of next week.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:41 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lkoury
I got that story as my GT3 T went into production. I was told that as of April 1st, the program was stopped.which was a real bummer, and at the same time my car was not affected by PCCB brake, and electrical harness shortage issues that are sourced in Ukraine. I was told by a friend in Italy that VW is calling customers with 4 door cars on order to try and get them to accept MANUAL rear windows.......
Definitely prefer getting the car more than the pictures.
Car is in Halifax now so maybe by end of next week.
Thanks for the input.

I wasn't told anything, self discovery. Hopefully you were told proactively. I have a GT4 and GT3 coming, one is on a boat and the other is ED.

Glad you weren't hit by PCCB shortage. I didn't order those this time.

Perhaps you don't mean it the way you say, but I don't think it's a matter of pictures OR car on time.

Wild about having to accept manual rear windows. Guess better to get the customer to accept if possible than resolve at the dealer.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wormiez
Thanks for sharing. I thought it didn't work for my order being PTS...

My build has been stuck in Stage 1 for ages, but the car is built and on route to Halifax...

It would be cool to experience the Behind the Scenes pics.
Nah, doesn't matter what spec your car is. I have a PTS and non-PTS built last month.

Perhaps we're on the same boat. Mine should have shipped this week, I think on Lake Wanaka vessel. Waiting for confirmation.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Wormiez
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SToronto
Nah, doesn't matter what spec your car is. I have a PTS and non-PTS built last month.

Perhaps we're on the same boat. Mine should have shipped this week, I think on Lake Wanaka vessel. Waiting for confirmation.
Just checked my car is at Entry Port of Emden...

Is Lake Wanaka vessel the one that crosses to halifax?
Old 05-06-2022, 03:00 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wormiez
Just checked my car is at Entry Port of Emden...

Is Lake Wanaka vessel the one that crosses to halifax?
Various ships come to Halifax. Lake Wanaka was the one that left Emden on May 3 night.

My car has been at Emden since April 22 and was there as of May 3 afternoon PSVMS capture. But Wanaka was to leave that night, so perhaps it made it on that boat and PSVMS just wasn't updated as yet.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:35 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 246 Posts

My car has finished production on 5/18 and it is in Emden waiting for a boat ride (info from PVMS) to Halifax.

Got a notification today from the MyPorsche app on my phone saying the car entered stage 2 (car is scheduled for production) so MyPorsche app is updating but it is 1-2 weeks behind the actual dates
Old 05-25-2022, 05:26 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowbee
My car has finished production on 5/18 and it is in Emden waiting for a boat ride (info from PVMS) to Halifax.

Got a notification today from the MyPorsche app on my phone saying the car entered stage 2 (car is scheduled for production) so MyPorsche app is updating but it is 1-2 weeks behind the actual dates
Cool, sounds like you should be good. There's a Canadian on a GT3 thread that has gotten production pictures along with a new photo angle.

Appears the app is back up for people with CP8 in May.

Perhaps you too will get pictures.

As they told me, mine has stopped updating and one car is not even listed anymore..will say it again...major bummer.
Old 05-25-2022, 05:30 PM
Wormiez
Intermediate

I got a notification earlier this week when my car arrived at the port. The app updated and jumped to stage 3, and along with that, I received a couple of build pictures of my car.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:41 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 246 Posts

Just got notification from the MyPorsche App today for reaching stage 3 with a few factory pictures...... Yay......
Old 06-01-2022, 02:44 PM
EMFV992GT3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too received pics of assembly through the app...nice surprise as I was expecting nothing to show up there. My car should be travelling across the country right now.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:58 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

As an update to my original post.....magically the app updated yesterday for 1 car. I received 2 production pictures. My other car disappeared from the app last week.

As a reminder I was told I would receive no pictures for either car.

I have followed up on the missing car.

Quick Reply: Behind the Scenes - My Porsche App - Service Stopped