Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

Peter Groenke is the best service advisor in the business
Old 01-03-2023, 01:55 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
Peter Groenke is the best service advisor in the business
Agreed- he does my cars. Always a pleasure to deal with, does no upsell and completely trustworthy.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:47 PM
9PointStar
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
x2 for Jean Pantelidis and Steven Noh at Porsche Oakville is also an excellent choice.
Another one for JP. No BS kinda guy and always super helpful.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:01 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by BDonaher
I just got home from “delivery” of a GT4. Putting in quotes since I’m keeping the car stored for a couple months with the dealer.

the experience was extremely lovely. Super friendly dealer, chatted about anything and everything for ages. They definitely didn’t need my business. But as a first time Porsche buyer I immediately felt part of the community. I don’t think needing business and being polite or having a good experience are mutually exclusive …
Congrats on the GT4! I assume it was a pre-owned car given that you are a first time Porsche buyer?
Old 10-04-2023, 07:25 PM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

I dealt with Ajeet as well but he has sadly passed away in April of 2023. Sad to here this when I gave him my annual call last week.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:59 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4 981
I dealt with Ajeet as well but he has sadly passed away in April of 2023. Sad to here this when I gave him my annual call last week.
I knew Ajeet, how did he pass?
Old 10-05-2023, 07:39 AM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I don’t know… I only knew him through my purchase.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:27 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Originally Posted by GT4 981
I don’t know… I only knew him through my purchase.
He passed away in April, 2023 at the age of 53 leaving four children, his wife and parents. We lost another good person to cancer.

Last edited by DES GTS; 10-15-2023 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

what are the differences between pfaff porsche store vs porsche north toronto corporate store when pre odering a new 911?
Does one store gets more allocations than the other?
Does one store offer better pricing for pre-order than the other or pretty much the same?
Which store is better to work with for first time 911 pre order?

I can go to PFAFF porsch markham location or porsch north toronto corp store since both are same distance from my home.
Old 11-02-2023, 04:23 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 255 Posts

My personal experience at PCNT says that they respect the order of the waitlist. I aslo get an impression that other non-corporate stores typically don't and tends to offer the slot to the person from whom they can earn the highest profit first
The following 2 users liked this post by lowbee:
reacp911 (11-03-2023), Smoothoperator (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 04:28 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
My personal experience at PCNT says that they respect the order of the waitlist. I aslo get an impression that other non-corporate stores typically don't and tends to offer the slot to the person from whom they can earn the highest profit first
I think that's about right - but you won't be able to get as easy as a discount from corporate as you can from a franchise dealer in the GTA (at least in my experience). PCNT will still sell GT cars to the highest bidder and not respect the waitlist (albeit that seems to be changing as we head into recession).

The problem with Pfaff is that they are now too big to care. Customer service is pretty close to zero ... which is hard to swallow on such an expensive machine. I personally won't deal with them again ... at least for a porsche.
The following users liked this post:
Smoothoperator (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 05:43 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Pfaff (Vaughan + Markham) do get the most allocations given their combined volume. However, that doesn't always mean they will get you a car before any other dealer... case in point, my brother put down a deposit on a Targa GTS in January 2022 at PCNT a month before his friend did the same (also Targa GTS) at Pfaff Vaughan. He ended up getting his allocation about 14 months after the deposit and his friend got his basically at the same time so no material difference. Both cars arrived the same month (August) but the kicker is my brother's was a 2024 and his friend's was a 2023.

One huge difference however... the purchase through Pfaff required a minimum of $30k in factory options and another $10k in dealer-installed options + coverage packages. Not optional and they would not confirm the allocation without that extra $40k in options. At PCNT, my brother was free to spec his Targa as desired and there was ZERO pressure to include any minimum spec of options or anything at delivery.

If that alone isn't enough to steer you towards PCNT I don't know what to tell you. As a family we've now bought 3 cars from PCNT in the past 3-4 months and could not be happier with their service.

Originally Posted by tuffcalc
The problem with Pfaff is that they are now too big to care. Customer service is pretty close to zero ... which is hard to swallow on such an expensive machine. I personally won't deal with them again ... at least for a porsche.
Could not agree more. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Pfaff/Lithia given their games and how they are treating people lately. Have heard far worse stories than above from friends too. Bought 4 cars from them over the years and they could not care less for my business or about me as a customer. I'm done with them too and regret sending them some referrals before I moved to PCNT.
Smoothoperator (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vise
Pfaff (Vaughan + Markham) do get the most allocations given their combined volume. However, that doesn't always mean they will get you a car before any other dealer... case in point, my brother put down a deposit on a Targa GTS in January 2022 at PCNT a month before his friend did the same (also Targa GTS) at Pfaff Vaughan. He ended up getting his allocation about 14 months after the deposit and his friend got his basically at the same time so no material difference. Both cars arrived the same month (August) but the kicker is my brother's was a 2024 and his friend's was a 2023.

One huge difference however... the purchase through Pfaff required a minimum of $30k in factory options and another $10k in dealer-installed options + coverage packages. Not optional and they would not confirm the allocation without that extra $40k in options. At PCNT, my brother was free to spec his Targa as desired and there was ZERO pressure to include any minimum spec of options or anything at delivery.

If that alone isn't enough to steer you towards PCNT I don't know what to tell you. As a family we've now bought 3 cars from PCNT in the past 3-4 months and could not be happier with their service.

Could not agree more. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Pfaff/Lithia given their games and how they are treating people lately. Have heard far worse stories than above from friends too. Bought 4 cars from them over the years and they could not care less for my business or about me as a customer. I'm done with them too and regret sending them some referrals before I moved to PCNT.
thank you for the detail breakdown between PCNT and PFAFF markham. 40K dealership option seems very steep for pre-order. I wondering why people still want to pre order new 911 from PFAFF if you cannot opt out the dealership option.

Orginally I called PCNT and talked to a sale agent and he told me there is no C4 to test drive which is the one my wife is interested in. When we called PFAFF markham, they have c4, c2s, c4s to test drive. That's why I am considering working with PFAFF. But now you said PFAFF markham forces you to buy dealer options, I will have to revisit PCNT again after I do test drives at PFAFF markham. Which sale agent do you recommend at PCNT?or doesn't matter who I work with because it is a coporate store?
maximusbibicus (11-05-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 07:18 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Yeah PCNT is a smaller dealership so they may not have the same volume of cars in stock to test drive. In general most people that are interested in a 911 don't need to test drive as they know what they are getting into.

At PCNT recommend you work with Leslie Wong, he is great. Tell him Rob sent you his way.
Smoothoperator (11-03-2023)
Old 11-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Based on my research it looks like porsche downtown toronto is also a coporate store. Do you guys think going with porsche downtown sale team for preorder 911 will have shorter wait time than porsche north toronto store?

Quick Reply: Looking for a good Porsche salesperson in Toronto