Notices

Platinum Cars In North York Ontario??? Should I Buy A Car There?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 12:16 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed99
I found another 997 I am interested in and its from Toronto Auto Brokers. I should of started a thread on Ontario car dealerships lol!! Anyone have good or bad experience with TAB?
Thanks,
I bought an E92 M3 from TAB and it was an OK transaction.
They didn't want to let me take it to my Indi for PPI, but they had no issue with getting a PPI done at Maranello BMW.
Owned the car for several years without any surprise issues.

The following users liked this post:
Onami (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 11:47 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
Curbsiders for sure! I like reading the UCDA or OMVIC (I can’t recall which) disciplinary summaries on some of those guys!

im not a curbsider .. its just a "project car" .. it doesnt matter if the ownership is not in my name .. 'lol
The following users liked this post:
Onami (03-04-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 06:45 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

Good read. I went to these guys last August when I was looking for my first 911/992. They had one at seemingly a decent price ($10-15k cheaper than most). I just didn't get a great feeling from them when I went in, and it was really annoying that, while they let me start the car, they wouldn't let me actually take it for a test drive. Basically wanted to negotiate a price and get a deposit first. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 03-13-2024, 11:25 PM
Ed99
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
Sorry to bump an old thread, but seemed worthwhile in the name of consumer protection. Platinum lost their omvic license, lots of stories of misrepresented cars, hidden damage etc. All the usual sketchy, used car tactics.

The judges requirement for the owner to complete anger management and conflict resolution training is hilarious.

They have some very special cars and attract buyers from all over so wanted to share this for those who might not have heard.

https://omvic.powerappsportals.com/_...4bpSvW-v5U_mug
Thanks for sharing and good to know!!!

Quick Reply: Platinum Cars In North York Ontario??? Should I Buy A Car There?