Notices

New Car Pick Up Tips and Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 09:09 AM
GermanEngineerin
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread cracks me up. Fecal matter?? Semen?? Seriously?
I am curious about paint quality, an acquaintance of mine owns a detailing shop and claims that many high end vehicle buyers bring brand new cars in for paint correction... if I am buying a new car for hundreds of thousands of dollars I would hope that the paint is good to go from the dealership. Curious if people here are taking brand new cars for paint correction. Even if applying ceramic and ppf, paint should be good to go, no??
Old 12-09-2021, 09:27 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanEngineerin
This thread cracks me up. Fecal matter?? Semen?? Seriously?
I am curious about paint quality, an acquaintance of mine owns a detailing shop and claims that many high end vehicle buyers bring brand new cars in for paint correction... if I am buying a new car for hundreds of thousands of dollars I would hope that the paint is good to go from the dealership. Curious if people here are taking brand new cars for paint correction. Even if applying ceramic and ppf, paint should be good to go, no??
I just drive the thing over to get PPF and ceramic when I take delivery. Not going to obsess about everything. No paint correction on new car.
I think the semen/fecal comments were in jest

even with protection if you track a car hard enough then you are likely to see some wear. Goes with the territory. X
The following users liked this post:
GermanEngineerin (12-09-2021)
Old 12-09-2021, 10:33 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
Look over the car ensuring that all options included.
Endure listening to how to connect phone, etc and the virtues of Porsche Connect.
Give them cheque.
Hit the road.
Exactly. Have a look at the finish. Think this is being overthought?
Old 12-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanEngineerin
Paint quality can vary with all production cars. A little snippet from the below video shows the types of things we find with factory paint on new cars:

Buying a new 992 - Initial Paint Condition

Even with unusually good factory paint, the correction process will enhance the appearance of the surface regardless of the lack of visible flaws; the wax, sealant or coating will amplify it a bit but the correction/polishing process is doing the 'heavy lifting' w regards to final aesthetic appeal.
HRE Wheels . Vossen Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
The following users liked this post:
GermanEngineerin (12-09-2021)

Quick Reply: New Car Pick Up Tips and Experience