Notices

O/T: Ludwig Heimrath RIP

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 06:05 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainOblivious
Very sad to learn of this, I used to see LH regularly at track events in 80s/90s and visit his little shop on Lawrence to bother him. I last saw him fall of 2019 at a Porsche track day at CTMP/Mosport. He was lapping, of course, in a ridiculous caged-and-winged 911 track monster. No surprise there.

When I was a teenager, my older brother bought a new car from him. Having just returned from a ride in Heimrath's own heavily modified 930, as the story has evolved over the years, my brother robustly agreed to buy the 944 he had been looking at during the visit, in exchange for being brought back to the dealership alive, immediately. Ludwig was a unique character and you always knew where you stood with him. As a Porsche-obsessed teenaged punk with a hopped up GTI, he really treated me very nicely, even before I brought my brother to him to buy a car. He was and continues to be an ongoing influence in my enthusiasm for the brand.

RIP, Ludwig, thanks for all the memories. Condolences and prayers to the family.
That is a great memory!

He did the same "modified 930" run with me as a demo before our new 924S purchase......

A vey scary but exhilarating ride, I remember he never seemed to use the clutch!!

RIP, Ludwig!!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:47 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,171 Likes on 545 Posts

Vet sad. RIP

I met Ludwig once at a track event in 2019. He struck me as gentleman, we had a nice chat. Glad to have met him even if only once.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Nice little tribute from Braiden tire on the back of the Provinz this month. I thought it was well done.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 PM
CaptainOblivious
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainOblivious
Very sad to learn of this, I used to see LH regularly at track events in 80s/90s and visit his little shop on Lawrence to bother him. I last saw him fall of 2019 at a Porsche track day at CTMP/Mosport. He was lapping, of course, in a ridiculous caged-and-winged 911 track monster. No surprise there.

When I was a teenager, my older brother bought a new car from him. Having just returned from a ride in Heimrath's own heavily modified 930, as the story has evolved over the years, my brother robustly agreed to buy the 944 he had been looking at during the visit, in exchange for being brought back to the dealership alive, immediately. Ludwig was a unique character and you always knew where you stood with him. As a Porsche-obsessed teenaged punk with a hopped up GTI, he really treated me very nicely, even before I brought my brother to him to buy a car. He was and continues to be an ongoing influence in my enthusiasm for the brand.

RIP, Ludwig, thanks for all the memories. Condolences and prayers to the family.
Found a photo. And I stand corrected, to my surprise it was actually the fall of 2018. Here's Ludwig with his toy and an admirer; CTMP, Oct 10, 2018.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:21 PM
Dogzard
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, liked that one as well

Quick Reply: O/T: Ludwig Heimrath RIP