Notices

Why do I even own this car

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 03:27 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

You know you are not driving a lot when you count the number of fill ups to denote use.

For my Porsche I consider it a lot of driving if I use up two full tanks. With COVID I used up 3 full tanks last summer.

Depreciation is not an issue with my car and yes I am fully aware that not driving the car is not good for it at all.

Unfortunately my other summer car (Mercedes SL63) is way more sensitive to use and I have to run it at least once a week or something will break.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:30 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 164 Posts

Dog will always be a priority. My cockapoo of 18 years in any car. After his passing, we got a standard poodle. He has been in the 911 once. Front legs were by the gear shift. Needless to say, 911 doesn’t go to the cottage anymore unless it is a boys car weekend.

i have had toy cars for 15 years. Highest mileage year was 4K. Usually less than that. I rationalize it since the boat only gets used for 3 months.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 AM
gartzspeed
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I finally figured out why I still own my car, it was all revealed when we had the nice weather this past week and I started visualizing driving with the sun shining down and the wind blowing over my bald head.

Have a great driving season everyone.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Murphy (03-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Why do I even own this car