Notices

I just signed up for crossborderpickups

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 372 Posts

I saw an ad on fb, looks like a cheaper option than crossborder....www.shippsy.com it may be a better and cheaper option, not sure.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:14 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I saw an ad on fb, looks like a cheaper option than crossborder....www.shippsy.com it may be a better and cheaper option, not sure.
Looks legit, would be interesting to hear from people that used them.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:55 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,062 Likes on 757 Posts

more options are always better...
Old 11-05-2020, 12:13 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not used CBI once after I started using CBP about three years ago, I do miss the runs to Harbour Freight nearby.

I had ordered from Suncoast this past summer remote control key fob heads, cigarettes light socket, and a genuine Porsche key fob, CBP classified all items with China as the country of origin without any info from Suncoast or even open the package to verify, as all items showed Germany as country of origin on their packaging, as a result all items were hit with duty and HST.

I wasn’t happy about this, but couldn’t be bothered to go through the process of getting the refund.

Other than that. I have been satisfied with CBP.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:30 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by aviography
I have not used CBI once after I started using CBP about three years ago, I do miss the runs to Harbour Freight nearby.

I had ordered from Suncoast this past summer remote control key fob heads, cigarettes light socket, and a genuine Porsche key fob, CBP classified all items with China as the country of origin without any info from Suncoast or even open the package to verify, as all items showed Germany as country of origin on their packaging, as a result all items were hit with duty and HST.

I wasn’t happy about this, but couldn’t be bothered to go through the process of getting the refund.

Other than that. I have been satisfied with CBP.
Ken i was under the impression only country of Origin being USA would negate any Duty. All others are not Duty free.

Is this incorrect ?

This is why i specifically inquired if the custom part i ordered was built in the US and the answer was yes.

i think even if you bring cars over you have to pay the duty as a Porsche is not built in the US , then your tax.

Last edited by theiceman; 11-05-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow, they're really moving slowly there. I just talked to them because my shipment still hasn't shown up in the system yet, they're processing packages delivered Oct 23-26! Maybe I'll have some seafood delivered to my unit
Old 11-06-2020, 08:19 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,127 Likes on 736 Posts

I had a bunch of stuff earlier this year shipped to CBI as I've done for over a decade. Border was then shut when I wanted to go. It was enough to go on a pallet. I used a LTL carrier in Fort Erie and had it delivered to my house in March. Glad I didn't wait as the border is still closed and will be for months to come.

CBI will also courier to you.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:41 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SToronto
I had a bunch of stuff earlier this year shipped to CBI as I've done for over a decade. Border was then shut when I wanted to go. It was enough to go on a pallet. I used a LTL carrier in Fort Erie and had it delivered to my house in March. Glad I didn't wait as the border is still closed and will be for months to come.

CBI will also courier to you.
i agree. i love CBI but i have to move on.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:06 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,127 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
i agree. i love CBI but i have to move on.
I may have missed why you can't use CBI. I didn't read every post in detail. I know they were not receiving packages for quite some time March into the summer as their warehouse was full when I spoke with them. Based on their site it sounds like they are receiving packages again only for those who can pickup or have them shipped out from CBI.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:59 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SToronto
I may have missed why you can't use CBI. I didn't read every post in detail. I know they were not receiving packages for quite some time March into the summer as their warehouse was full when I spoke with them. Based on their site it sounds like they are receiving packages again only for those who can pickup or have them shipped out from CBI.
this is because i live close to the border and i go over and pick them up. With the border closed i have to look at other options to get my stuff. looks like CBP has been brokering packages as their main business since day one.
the added advantage for me is i almost NEVER paid tax. i always declaired with receipts and i found that as long as it was under approx 200. i almost vnever paid tax. i guess they did not feel its worth me lining up to pay 26.00

No guarantees of course, so if i drop in while visiting customers in the are in NF then it s not any real time add either.

Last edited by theiceman; 11-08-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:08 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I'm changing my tune and taking back my recommendation for CBP, at least until volume returns to normal. They received my package on Oct. 28. It just shipped out to me now. It was complete silence until Nov. 7 when they processed it and I had to list the contents and value. Then yesterday morning a shipping label was created but UPS didn't get around to picking it up until just now. And because it's UPS it'll be late (they always are) and they won't refund the shipping charges because of coronavirus. IMO 2 weeks is not an acceptable turnaround time, even with mail volumes being higher because of corona. Thankfully it wasn't anything I needed urgently.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:50 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Shippsy

So I decided to give Shippsy a shot. Ordered two brake kits from Autoanything.com (which I highly recommend by the way). Placed the order on Nov 4th, delivered to my Shippsy’s address in Niagara Falls on Nov 9th. Got a notification from Shippsy the same day! Filled out the form, unlike CBP, they ask you to upload the purchase invoice in addition to reporting the value of each package.

Today, received email notification that my items arrived in Markham and payment instructions. Paid and picked up my packages the same day. So, 7 business days door to door! And here is the kicker, only $10 handling fee total for the two boxes which weigh good 30lb each!

Needless to say I am quite impressed. CBP has some serious competition now.

Old 11-13-2020, 09:22 PM
danbokem
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cross Border Pickups ...will NOT be using them again..still waiting for "order creation" from them. my packages have been sitting in NFNY for over 3 weeks now all the info & receipts has been filled out.

First and last time using them!
Old 11-13-2020, 10:00 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Well, I'm changing my tune and taking back my recommendation for CBP, at least until volume returns to normal. They received my package on Oct. 28. It just shipped out to me now. It was complete silence until Nov. 7 when they processed it and I had to list the contents and value. Then yesterday morning a shipping label was created but UPS didn't get around to picking it up until just now. And because it's UPS it'll be late (they always are) and they won't refund the shipping charges because of coronavirus. IMO 2 weeks is not an acceptable turnaround time, even with mail volumes being higher because of corona. Thankfully it wasn't anything I needed urgently.
I agree that is ridiculous. I would imagine that they could hire more workers and improve their customer's experience if they wanted to. I wonder why they don't do this? If you have a business with demand during covid I would have expected them to go above and beyond, not just blame covid for the delay when it is their fault for not sorting their warehouse deliveries.
Shippsy sounds great!
Old 11-13-2020, 10:09 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I just tried Cross Border Pickups based on what I read here.

My FedEx item arrived on Nov 5th at CBP in Niagra Falls, they didn’t notify me of its arrival until Nov 10, I then immediately filled out the form, paid the HST and their $10 handling fee. I just got notice that it arrived at their Markham pickup location this evening so I’ll go tomorrow Nov 14......so that’s about 8-9 days, I can live with that based on the $10 fee

Quick Reply: I just signed up for crossborderpickups