Detailers in Halifax...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Jethrobodine123
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Detailers in Halifax...

Good day,

I recently purchased a 2009 Boxster S with only 52,000 kms in great condition but black in colour. I owned one black automobile many years ago and always said I would stay away from this colour. However, the paint is in fantastic condition and I would like to get it detailed to bring the shine out even more. Could anyone recommend a detailer in the Halifax area that I could trust with my baby? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jethro
Old 08-25-2020, 08:21 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 255 Posts

No personal experience but I’ve heard some of the club guys say good things about the guys at NDR up on Akerley in Burnside. Congrats on the new wheels! Check out the PCA Acadia region website/facebook and drop out to the Chickenburger for Porsches on the Lawn.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:28 PM
Jethrobodine123
Intermediate

Thanks JTT, much appreciated. Will check them out for sure. I have a buddy who's member of PCA Acadia and is keeping me advised about a possible Track Daze coming up. Intend on joining the club eventually and will certainly check out the Chickenburger get together.

Thanks again,

Jethro

Old 08-25-2020, 08:36 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 255 Posts

Yup! DE day coming up Sept 14. Novices welcome! Really a good time. There will be at least one more tour coming up as well.
https://clubregistration.net/events/...fm/event/10891
Old 08-25-2020, 09:21 PM
Jethrobodine123
Intermediate

My buddy sent me an email he received on the DE and he wants me to come to the next tour. I'm up for it, nothing I like better than driving. Looking forward to meeting fellow Porsche owners.

Jethro
Old 08-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 167 Posts

Was this the one at Amherst Chrysler? How was the condition and were they willing to take a few k off?
Old 08-26-2020, 11:28 AM
Jethrobodine123
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
Was this the one at Amherst Chrysler? How was the condition and were they willing to take a few k off?
Yes, it was a dentist selling it and he was friends with the guy who owned some dealerships in Amherst, so it was basically on consignment. However, once I entered the picture, we dealt directly with each other and in the end the price was what I consider "fair" for both sides. I have a lot of experience with Porsches from 964s to 993s to Boxsters so I had a lot of knowledge going in. Overall, pretty exceptional condition, well taken care of, babied one owner, the only thing is the black paint, which was in very good condition, could use some buffing, but I'm very **** when it comes to my cars. My friends (some who own Porsches) thought the paint looked fantastic, considering the age of the car and all.

It's always surprising to see pictures of a car, then see it in the skin, so to speak. A few of the pictures were just taken in a bad light, the front shots for instance, didn't show the car properly. Also, it hadn't been detailed before taking the pics. I couldn't help thinking that perhaps it was his wife who wanted the car sold and that he was doing all he could to not sell it. lol

Mechanically, she was very well sorted out, very low mileage and she checked out perfectly when inspected in Moncton.

Jethro

Quick Reply: Detailers in Halifax...