Notices

Garage Floor Fix Recomendations Prior to Installing Tiles

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Neb
I bought direct, the price is reasonable if you can pick up in their Concord warehouse, or pay a little more and have them delivered to your door.
Thanks for the info. Do you have direct number or is it listed on their webpage?

Cheers.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

I think I emailed them with the email on the canadian website, they are out in BC. After playing with the floor designer. Knowing exactly what I need, they will email you an invoice to pay.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:34 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Neb
I think I emailed them with the email on the canadian website, they are out in BC. After playing with the floor designer. Knowing exactly what I need, they will email you an invoice to pay.
The web site is http://swisstrax.ca/

I just looked and they currently have a sale on Ribtrax. The website has a designer section that will calculate how many tiles you need. Get a few extras for those oops moments. I used a jigsaw to cut the edge tiles.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:28 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Another option is to get the floor treated with a foam flake/polyurethane finish. I did my garage with that last year (well, had it done, actually) and the finish is fantastic, resists all stains, and I can pressure wash it with no worries. Cost was around $6-$7 per square foot. Looks like this when done, and you can pick your choice of colours:

Old 08-26-2020, 10:57 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm having porcelain anti slip tile laid in my garage at the new house. Not a fan of Swisstrax or racedeck. Seems like a pain to clean and I just don't like the look.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:51 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
I'm having porcelain anti slip tile laid in my garage at the new house. Not a fan of Swisstrax or racedeck. Seems like a pain to clean and I just don't like the look.
Yup

The following users liked this post:
991.2 GTS (08-31-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 06:19 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Yup
Looks great! I thought hard about flake epoxy floors but we have them at the shop in the showroom/ client areas. What I've noticed is in high traffic areas the finish has turned dull and if you use a jack it will leave an impression. My friend has similar floors at his house, the resin has turned yellow.

The following users liked this post:
991.2 GTS (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:03 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Porcelain Tile all the way!
I'm also not a fan of plastic floors, the ones i've seen look terrible after a few years and how does one clean all the dirt, oil , salt and slush the builds up underneath?
Old 08-31-2020, 11:54 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

You guys are killing me with the awsome !! garages ..........Can't wait to sell my 5m house for one with a damn garage .... Real Estate brokers rarely show garage pic's in their listings and almost every agent I have dealt with always says the ladies want to see the kitchen and the guys want to see the garage first . Go figure ?
Old 09-01-2020, 04:47 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks great! I thought hard about flake epoxy floors but we have them at the shop in the showroom/ client areas. What I've noticed is in high traffic areas the finish has turned dull and if you use a jack it will leave an impression. My friend has similar floors at his house, the resin has turned yellow.
I had heard similar sentiments about epoxy flake floors, which is why i went with polyurethane instead. Apparently the yellowing doesn't happen, and this floor is warrantied for 25 years not to yellow, so I'm hoping it stays the way it is!

BTW, regarding cleaning? Bucket of soapy water and a pressure washer, and it looks good as new, even with oil stains.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:31 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleBitBent
I had heard similar sentiments about epoxy flake floors, which is why i went with polyurethane instead. Apparently the yellowing doesn't happen, and this floor is warrantied for 25 years not to yellow, so I'm hoping it stays the way it is!

BTW, regarding cleaning? Bucket of soapy water and a pressure washer, and it looks good as new, even with oil stains.
How could you have oil stains with a Porsche :-)
Old 09-02-2020, 01:36 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,252 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
You guys are killing me with the awsome !! garages ..........Can't wait to sell my 5m house for one with a damn garage .... Real Estate brokers rarely show garage pic's in their listings and almost every agent I have dealt with always says the ladies want to see the kitchen and the guys want to see the garage first . Go figure ?
Every time we moved (corporate transfers) I always told the real estate agent that we wanted a three or four car garage with a house attached. This usually got the message across. LOL

Quick Reply: Garage Floor Fix Recomendations Prior to Installing Tiles