Notices

Covid Non Car Related Projects

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:37 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
My project has been trying to purchase a new home. This has proven very difficult
Likewise. I may end up homeless soon, given the progress.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
The property market in Montreal has become a firestorm the last 1-2 years. One home we bid on had someone over bid us by 30k and I was already 12k over asking. We are seeing a place on Sunday that's at the limit of our budget but I'm not expecting to get it. While we won't be homeless it will be nice to collect rent on this place again
Old 08-05-2020, 02:00 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
The property market in Montreal has become a firestorm the last 1-2 years. One home we bid on had someone over bid us by 30k and I was already 12k over asking. We are seeing a place on Sunday that's at the limit of our budget but I'm not expecting to get it. While we won't be homeless it will be nice to collect rent on this place again
Are condos in Montreal still about the same? Or have they taken off?

I think the only project I can look forward to is having a lift installed, but only if I can get the place I want, and if the height of the garage meets the requirements.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Are condos in Montreal still about the same? Or have they taken off?

I think the only project I can look forward to is having a lift installed, but only if I can get the place I want, and if the height of the garage meets the requirements.
It's area dependent it appears. Areas like Sud Ouest , St Henri it's nutty. We want to move closer to the city but go out bid each time including condos. Offer 540k outbid at 590k...

Here is another one. I found out after some sleuthing that we had the highest bid on a lovely Edwardian row house. Our agent worked hard on that. Turns out the seller a slightly lower bid, the selling agent covered the diffrence as it was cheaper than having to split the commission with our agent.

There is only so much I'm willing to pay. Condos are going up all over the city in massive amounts. The burbs are pretty bad as well
Old 08-05-2020, 10:04 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

You can live in your car but you can't drive your house

Quick Reply: Covid Non Car Related Projects