Notices

Montreal Based Porsche ... question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 07:50 AM
leaf345
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm going to piggyback onto this thread: I see a couple of 911s out east in the right colour that I'm looking to buy, and one in particular is at Porsche Rive-Sud. I know the discussion about buying from Quebec has been controversial, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this particular dealership? They seem relatively new, so not a lot of discussion about them. I'll get a PPI (if i can over the holidays...), but figured I would check here to see with rennlisters.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:25 PM
dannyss
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

Leaf,
I've dealt with them while shopping. They're the sister dealership to Porsche Lauzon in Laval.
They're the newest in Quebec. Big dealer, nice to deal with.

I gave a deposit on a car there and when urgent personal family matters came up and couldn't complete the purschase they reimbursed my deposit promptly with outmost courtesy on their part.
I won't hesitate to deal with them again if they have a car that matches what I'm looking for.

Danny
Old 12-20-2019, 04:23 PM
leaf345
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyss
Leaf,
I've dealt with them while shopping. They're the sister dealership to Porsche Lauzon in Laval.
They're the newest in Quebec. Big dealer, nice to deal with.

I gave a deposit on a car there and when urgent personal family matters came up and couldn't complete the purschase they reimbursed my deposit promptly with outmost courtesy on their part.
I won't hesitate to deal with them again if they have a car that matches what I'm looking for.

Danny
Thank you for the reply.
Also, do you or anyone else know of a shop near the dealership that may do an independent PPI?
I've research and it seems that the most common recommendations on this forum are Wetune or EKperformance, but both are a bit of a trek from the dealership. Is there anyone a bit closer to St. Hubert?
Old 02-15-2020, 12:49 PM
back2porsche
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I and the rennsport gang have worked with both wetune and ek, both very credible. Ek is an ethical generational business. Wetune is pften at the track and always helpful in a jam.

Quick Reply: Montreal Based Porsche ... question