Notices

Where to get the 997 battery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 04:00 PM
uniquenamehere
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Also Lithium has twice the Life cycles of Lead/Acid.... so way longer in time of needing to be changed. 8- 10 years actually. Our batteries also have short-circuit protections, over charge, and over discharge protections. So its protected, you as the Customer can't really damage it. So the service and replacement parts thing is not really a consideration.
For clarity, are you saying your batteries have a life span of 8-10 years? Or twice that?

FWIW every lead acid battery in every car I've owned has lasted 8-10 years which is why I ask. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 167 Posts

Well, hold up there.... Your sort of supporting my facts of why go with lithium....

With Lead/Acid you can and may need to have it serviced, or replaced more often. For example you can over-discharge you Lead/Acid Battery accidentally by leaving the stereo or lights on and need a Jump Starter, or to call AAA, or ask someone for assistance at a Restaurant. You or your wife might be stuck outside a Movie theater with a Dead battery hence needing service. But with our Antigravity Battery your battery CAN"T go DEAD. If you did leave your lights on, while at dinner or out, or even at your house.... you simply press the button on the WIRELESS Keyfob and start your car! No need to even touch or see the battery. So that alone is significant... Also you can't be locked out of your frunk EVER! So overall less service, no need to go to Auto Zone and pull out your 46lbs batery and pull you back. So it even saves on Medical bills!

Also Lithium has twice the Life cycles of Lead/Acid.... so way longer in time of needing to be changed. 8- 10 years actually. Our batteries also have short-circuit protections, over charge, and over discharge protections. So its protected, you as the Customer can't really damage it. So the service and replacement parts thing is not really a consideration.

Yes its more expensive, but that is a upfront cost, but any hassles mentioned about plus it longer life make is a better value proposition because you won't have any dead-battery emergencies again, won't need a jump starter, and you get twice the life span. Then if you like lightweight you get that too.

But I'm not saying its for everyone, if its not your thing we are not saying to buy one. We are just explaining it out here now for the Consumer and its a superior product, but not the least expensive option.

Anyway , this is not something to argue about. I'm just trying to explain that there is a new technology that is currently available, and it works great.
What does it cost for one of your batteries landed at my front door in Toronto, Canada?

I can get an Everstart Maxx 94r from Wal Mart for $170 cad that has a 5 year replacement warranty. If your battery is over 300 cad I don't see any value whatsoever
The following users liked this post:
wc11 (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Maybe I am dumb but I have normally just gone to Canadian tire and had a replacement fitted on my 997 RS. No problems encountered.
The following users liked this post:
wc11 (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Basically no one keeps their car for 8-10 years AFTER they already replaced the battery once. Most people replace their car in 5 years or less. So what's the point of buying an expensive battery just so the next owner to enjoy it?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:28 PM
gartzspeed
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best birthday present I bought myself in quite awhile, even with the crazy exchange rate and shipping to Canada.

Big Thumbs up, and in case I need to state it, no affiliation or compensation from the post.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,027 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Basically no one keeps their car for 8-10 years AFTER they already replaced the battery once. Most people replace their car in 5 years or less. So what's the point of buying an expensive battery just so the next owner to enjoy it?

Well again I'm not here to do anything but educate people that we do have this option available.

But if there is no value to having built-in jump starting, and that security of not be stranded in the 5 years you own you particular car then I understand you perspective. But if you using your car for 5 year and want a performance part, and want to not be standed by a dead battery emergency and can benefit from the lightweight, never being stranded for 5 year.. then you have recieved value, and are benefitting from it the 5 years you own your car.

Its also are pretty cool selling point to tell the next buyer of the car that they have a lightweight lithium battery in the car that won't ever leave them stranded... even if they store their car and accidentally let if over discharge. Believe me they will like that when you tell them about your 997. They will be FREAKING STOKED on that upgrade!

Old 09-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
What does it cost for one of your batteries landed at my front door in Toronto, Canada?

I can get an Everstart Maxx 94r from Wal Mart for $170 cad that has a 5 year replacement warranty. If your battery is over 300 cad I don't see any value whatsoever
Understand you point... and you won't be a Customer and that is absolutely fine.... but again here to let people know what is out there.

Some are actually very excited to have a battery that won't leave them stranded, they are excited about the 30lbs of weight loss. They are excited about a battery that won't leak, and offers an 8-10 year lifespan. There are a variety or reasons it is a value to them.

On the other hand some just don't care, like yourself, I would also assume you wouldn't give a whip about some other performance or bling part for you car, and that is also fine.

Not trying to argue what each person considers value to them. For me personally I would dig this idea even if it wasn't my company doing it. Before I had a Porsche myself, I got stranded with a buddy at a little Cafe in Angeles Crest in a 997... it was utterly lame we could not get into the Hood to even look at the battery and had to wait for someone with jumper clamps and asking around all the tables. We what we designed we eliminated that. So I have some first hand experience with that situation exactly. So I totally absolutely see the value.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:20 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Understand you point... and you won't be a Customer and that is absolutely fine.... but again here to let people know what is out there.

Some are actually very excited to have a battery that won't leave them stranded, they are excited about the 30lbs of weight loss. They are excited about a battery that won't leak, and offers an 8-10 year lifespan. There are a variety or reasons it is a value to them.

On the other hand some just don't care, like yourself, I would also assume you wouldn't give a whip about some other performance or bling part for you car, and that is also fine.

Not trying to argue what each person considers value to them. For me personally I would dig this idea even if it wasn't my company doing it. Before I had a Porsche myself, I got stranded with a buddy at a little Cafe in Angeles Crest in a 997... it was utterly lame we could not get into the Hood to even look at the battery and had to wait for someone with jumper clamps and asking around all the tables. We what we designed we eliminated that. So I have some first hand experience with that situation exactly. So I totally absolutely see the value.

"excited to have a battery that won't leave them stranded" - "offers an 8-10 year lifespan" after which one can assume could leave one stranded?
If and when it does fail you will have the exact same "it was utterly lame we could not get into the Hood to even look at the battery and had to wait for someone with jumper clamps and asking around all the tables"

In the end, it's a consumable part with a finite lifespan just like any other battery and the result can/will be exactly the same. It just may take a few more years before the experience.

Last edited by wc11; 09-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

[QUOTE=wc11;16088340

In the end, it's a consumable part with a finite lifespan just like any other battery and the result can/will be exactly the same. It just may take a few more years before the experience.[/QUOTE]

LOL.... wouldn't that hold true for any product? Why buy anything of better quality, or that has additional features....why not just shop at the 99 cent store for everything, why buy a Porsche over a Vette, why buy Trofeo Rs instead of Pep Boys Tires?

Anyway, I just wanted to inform the community of the Lithium option, we do well with it and it is there for those who might be interested.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:43 PM
00Coupe
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Northern Battery in Hamilton.. I paid $140 for H7 size AGM "slight scratch".. You wont find a cheaper one..
Old 09-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Coupe
Great Northern Battery in Hamilton.. I paid $140 for H7 size AGM "slight scratch".. You wont find a cheaper one..

I've scored an H7 last Wednesday at the local wrecking yard for $30. The battery was made this year and is the same exact brand/model that I have in my '05 Passat TDI (Motomaster). It is a massive battery that fits really nice in my 928 too. I'm guessing the owner bought it and then when something else went wrong he/she just drove it to the wreckers. Never did my 928 crank this fast since I've owned it, and i had the car sine '99.....then again, I never had a battery this big in it either. No better way to save the environment than to reuse good batteries. At $30, I always keep one as a spare in the garage.

Quick Reply: Where to get the 997 battery?