Notices

Big thanks to Porsche Centre Oakville!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 12:35 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Big thanks to Porsche Centre Oakville!

A few weeks ago, I placed an order with PCO for a 2019 Macan S with an expected July delivery. A few days later I read on-line that the 2019’s were being delayed until Nov/Dec due to EPA certification problems. I immediately emailed my sales rep, Nik Djordjevic, and asked if this was true. It was Sunday and he responded immediately and said that he would check on Monday and let me know. Sure enough, the delay rumours were real, but I couldn’t wait until November as I had a lease that was ending. Nik understood and refunded my deposit without delay.

I spent the next two weeks looking at alternate vehicles and at lease busters trying to find something that interested me. I kept coming back to the Macan, so I enquired about the remaining 2018’s and settled on a low option base Macan that Nik had on the lot. I figured that I could drive it for a year until the 2019’s were in and then give it to my wife to use for the remaining 2 years of the lease. It was ready to be picked up yesterday and Nik, Patricia and Matthew handled the delivery perfectly. The truck was spotless and the base motor really is pretty peppy for a DD. I drove it 11 kms home and parked it in the garage as I had planned to drive our old MDX until the weather was better.

Later that night, I was on Rennlist and the Macan Forum and guys started posting that they had heard that Porsche had revised the 2019 Macan delivery schedule back to the original May timeframe. I couldn’t believe it! The next morning, I checked into the forums and a few more people had made similar posts...it appeared to be true. I’ll admit that I was very disappointed, but PCO wasn’t at fault, so I decided to just suck it up and keep to the original plan. Just after lunch my cell rang and it was Nik. He said that he had some news and I responded that I already knew. I told him that I was disappointed, but knew that it wasn’t their fault. He then said, ‘how would you feel if we undid the deal?”. I honestly couldn’t believe that they would consider that. I ended up taking the base Macan back last night and got a full refund that I put towards the S that I originally wanted! Many sincere thanks to Nik and the management at PCO. THAT is how you take care of customers. I am a difficult guy to please with extremely high expectations with respect to customer service and they nailed it.

Last edited by Onami; 03-15-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:01 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

That's impressive! Bravo Porsche Center Oakville.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:40 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts

That's great to hear! I will be there in a couple weeks looking at Macans with with/for my dad. It's always nice to hear the good stories online too lol
Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
That's great to hear! I will be there in a couple weeks looking at Macans with with/for my dad. It's always nice to hear the good stories online too lol
Send Nik an email and tell him that Mark with the 993 sent you. He'll take good care of you and your Dad!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

They did it because they'll make more money on you renting the new car.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

I'm not renting a new car...I am buying a Macan S...which I was buying in a year anyway if I kept the leased base Macan, so they would have made more money from me if they left things as is.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

great story. Glad it worked out.
But seriously any business that values their long term customers should act this way. And yes they make more money on the more expensive car, and it appears the dealers only care about the bird in the hand then the one in the bush (ordering in a year). It costs them nothing and they make more money and customer is happy.
Again glad it worked out and you will get the vehicle you really wanted.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dan. I agree with you that this is what should have happened, but I doubt many dealers would have done this.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:23 AM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for them, went the extra mile. And congrats on the new ride.
PCO has a great service department as well.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1 PGH 1
Good for them, went the extra mile. And congrats on the new ride.
PCO has a great service department as well.
thanks! I work with Brian in the service dept and he is very professional and a real ‘car guy’ too.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:50 PM
colombiano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smart move on their part, they know they will gain a long time client, not just one car. Every dealing that I've had with them, has been top notch. Even their Policaro BMW dealer has gone above and beyond for me.

Quick Reply: Big thanks to Porsche Centre Oakville!