Notices

Greetings from THE REFINERY!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 03:05 PM
htnahsarp
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love to hear people leaving the corporate life and following their dreams. Congratulations!!!!

Will visit in the spring time.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

thx gerrard
great experience
Old 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts

My pleasure! And thank you!

Some more amazing photos of this beautiful GT3 to come shortly. I'll post a few of the highlights when I get them from the photographer.

THE REFINERY
Paint Correction | Ceramic Coatings | Paint Protection Film | Detailing Products
6 Carlaw Avenue
Toronto, Canada.

www.therefinery.ltd

+1.416.848.2868
info@therefinery.ltd
Follow us on: Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
THE REFINERY's YouTube Channel

Old 02-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

you have a hoist to you can clean under the car?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:22 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We use Quick Jacks for wheels-off work, and to raise the car to make polishing and PPF easier on the lower panels.

Send me a PM if you have a project that you’d like to discuss. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:29 AM
1way2rock
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Luck

Wishing you all the best!
Old 02-19-2019, 02:34 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A few new shots of the shop that I wanted to share...

Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

looks awesome! looking forward to having my car in there once i have it back any day now
Old 02-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Hello Gerard. Does ceramic coating on wheels help reduce brake dust?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:45 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Hello Gerard. Does ceramic coating on wheels help reduce brake dust?
Great question. In short, it doesn't radically change how dirty the wheels get from brake dust (aside from some anti-static benefit) - but it DOES make it much easier to clean the dust from the wheels AND it prevents the permanent staining and etching that sitting brake dust causes.

To clarify: applying a ceramic coating to your wheels is the best way to protect the wheel finish from damage caused by contact with brake dust, rotor dust, other contaminants, and heat. It helps for 2 reasons:
  1. Slickness: The coating helps repel these contaminants - but more importantly, it makes it really easy to thoroughly clean brake dust from the wheels during regular washing (without needing more specialized chemicals or tools). The dust and debris can't embed onto the surface.
  2. Chemical Resistance: The ceramic coating prevents the brake dust from chemically etching the finish/clear-coat, which happens whenever brake dust sits for any amount of time
Ceramic coatings are tested to remain intact at temps over 2,200F, so it doesn't break down on wheels and calipers like traditional waxes and sealants do. The only way to mimic the type of preservation provided by a ceramic coating would be to wash the wheels after every drive. But this is not practical or feasible for most people.

We can perform a multi-step deep cleaning and polishing on older wheels to bring them back to life prior to applying a ceramic coating to preserve them. But if everyone applied a ceramic coating to their wheels (faces and barrels) when new, we'd probably never need to do a full wheel-off procedure again to keep the wheels looking new.

I hope that helps!
Old 02-21-2019, 09:28 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by THE REFINERY
Great question. In short, it doesn't radically change how dirty the wheels get from brake dust (aside from some anti-static benefit) - but it DOES make it much easier to clean the dust from the wheels AND it prevents the permanent staining and etching that sitting brake dust causes.

To clarify: applying a ceramic coating to your wheels is the best way to protect the wheel finish from damage caused by contact with brake dust, rotor dust, other contaminants, and heat. It helps for 2 reasons:
  1. Slickness: The coating helps repel these contaminants - but more importantly, it makes it really easy to thoroughly clean brake dust from the wheels during regular washing (without needing more specialized chemicals or tools). The dust and debris can't embed onto the surface.
  2. Chemical Resistance: The ceramic coating prevents the brake dust from chemically etching the finish/clear-coat, which happens whenever brake dust sits for any amount of time
Ceramic coatings are tested to remain intact at temps over 2,200F, so it doesn't break down on wheels and calipers like traditional waxes and sealants do. The only way to mimic the type of preservation provided by a ceramic coating would be to wash the wheels after every drive. But this is not practical or feasible for most people.

We can perform a multi-step deep cleaning and polishing on older wheels to bring them back to life prior to applying a ceramic coating to preserve them. But if everyone applied a ceramic coating to their wheels (faces and barrels) when new, we'd probably never need to do a full wheel-off procedure again to keep the wheels looking new.

I hope that helps!
it does thanks. I miss my Turbo S with ceramic brakes....didn’t like yellow so order GT3 with reds...which is an issue...an irritant really...but a pain none the less. I appreciate the note.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 AM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ceramic brakes are awesome performers with the added benefit of low dust. But if Porsche won't allow customers to choose the caliper colour - then you just have to hope they choose a colour you like
Old 03-19-2019, 09:38 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Good morning Gerard
Thanks again for showing me around. You have an impressive facility and it is so convenient for downtowners. I am looking forward to seeing you sometime in April for a spring freshening.
Regards
Ian
Old 03-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Gerrard ceramic coated the wheels on my harley. there gloss black and a total pain to keep clean. this will help with that.. as usual the results from him were first class and turn around time great
Old 03-19-2019, 11:15 AM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rideau
Good morning Gerard
Thanks again for showing me around. You have an impressive facility and it is so convenient for downtowners. I am looking forward to seeing you sometime in April for a spring freshening.
Regards
Ian
It was great to meet you, Ian! I'm really glad you dropped by. I'm looking forward to helping out with some of your fleet

Quick Reply: Greetings from THE REFINERY!