Notices

OT: FRENCH CO2 TAX REVOLT

Old 11-24-2018, 07:57 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 232 Likes on 155 Posts
Thumbs up OT: FRENCH CO2 TAX REVOLT

So I guess we'll all be heading up to 24 Sussex to erect barriers and burn cars when Tru d'oh brings in the CO2 tax 'eh? The French really don't take any crap do they?

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...champs-elysees
Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I actually don't think a carbon tax is a bad idea.... I'm not sure we leave it up to the public, will we be able to fight climate change....

My dd is a diesel, gets decent fuel economy, but I might switch to an electric vehicle if they brought back the Ontario incentives..

There aren't enough tree huggers around to save the planet otherwise...

Old 11-25-2018, 01:06 AM
rrental
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petee_c
I actually don't think a carbon tax is a bad idea.... I'm not sure we leave it up to the public, will we be able to fight climate change....

My dd is a diesel, gets decent fuel economy, but I might switch to an electric vehicle if they brought back the Ontario incentives..

There aren't enough tree huggers around to save the planet otherwise...
Hopefully not a VW......
Old 11-25-2018, 01:04 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by petee_c
I actually don't think a carbon tax is a bad idea.... I'm not sure we leave it up to the public, will we be able to fight climate change....My dd is a diesel, gets decent fuel economy, but I might switch to an electric vehicle if they brought back the Ontario incentives..There aren't enough tree huggers around to save the planet otherwise...
There is no way to fight climate change 'cause it isn't man made or caused by CO2 levels and there is no reliable data that indicates it's even happening. It's a scientific fraud supported by governments so you won't complain about them picking your pockets more than they already are. Thank goodness we have President Trump and Premier Ford to fight this nonsense.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I can always count on Ronnie for clarification!
Old 11-25-2018, 02:57 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Bacura
I can always count on Ronnie for clarification!
Let me be perfectly clear.....
Old 11-25-2018, 03:00 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Forget climate change for now, the latest from Fox is that once the Caravan breaks down the US Southern Border, that theyre making a bee line for the Northern Border as this parade of criminals, each of whom are armed with machine guns and RPGs all backed by Russians, are really focused on entering Canada!

Trudeau, send troopes now!!!!!
Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Forget climate change for now, the latest from Fox is that once the Caravan breaks down the US Southern Border, that theyre making a bee line for the Northern Border as this parade of criminals, each of whom are armed with machine guns and RPGs all backed by Russians, are really focused on entering Canada!
Wait till the caravan's Russian backed nuclear attack submarines arrive at the Saskatchewan border!
Old 11-25-2018, 10:25 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Those things can go down rivers too. They’re going to launch a migrant attack from central Canada and the Red river!

itll surface downtown Winipeg and 1000 migrants will exit - until they realize they’re in winnipeg in January and they’ll want back in that sub, but by that time it’ll be full of Winnipeg locals claiming their own asylum!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:17 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
It's a scientific fraud supported by governments so you won't complain about them picking your pockets more than they already are.
I recall.....
1970's - next ice age
1980's - acid rain
1990's - ozone layer
2000's - global warming
2010's - climate change
2020's - ??? I predict fresh water shortage.

All of the above resulted in higher taxes/fees

Old 11-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

You can't expect to pump so much $hit into the air for 100 years and not cause a problem. It's like smoking, how long have we known that it's dangerous before it was finally recognized by everyone?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:40 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
You can't expect to pump so much $hit into the air for 100 years and not cause a problem. It's like smoking, how long have we known that it's dangerous before it was finally recognized by everyone?
Still lots who don’t believe that either sadly.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 464 Posts

Yep, and we don't need science to figure this out as it's pure common sense. But common sense is in short supply these days.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:47 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Bad analogy. Common sense tells us CO2 is a clear, odourless gas that fuels plant growth while it comprises only 0.04% of air. You're confusing CO2 with pollutants like CO, NO, particulate, smoke,etc. Water vapour is responsible for the greenhouse effect but you can't tax it. Even if climate change was man made or caused by CO2 there is nothing Canada could do to impact it because we're too small. Anyone with even a bit of stats and forecasting model background knows you can't possibly know what's going to happen in the future. Even if it was a real thing, man only produces about 3% of all CO2 so all of it could be eliminated at massive cost with absolutely no effect. It's simply a way to hike taxes on the uninformed.

Last edited by ronnie993tt; 11-26-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

There is no way to fight climate change 'cause it isn't man made or caused by CO2 levels and there is no reliable data that indicates it's even happening. It's a scientific fraud supported by governments so you won't complain about them picking your pockets more than they already are. Thank goodness we have President Trump and Premier Ford to fight this nonsense.
Bad analogy. Common sense tells us CO2 is a clear, odourless gas that fuels plant growth while it comprises only 0.04% of air. You're confusing CO2 with pollutants like CO, NO, particulate, smoke,etc. Water vapour is responsible for the greenhouse effect but you can't tax it. Even if climate change was man made or caused by CO2 there is nothing Canada could do to impact it because we're too small. Anyone with even a bit of stats and forecasting model background knows you can't possibly know what's going to happen in the future. Even if it was a real thing, man only produces about 3% of all CO2 so all of it could be eliminated at massive cost with absolutely no effect. It's simply a way to hike taxes on the uninformed.
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... I was pretty sure you were in the first quote, but now, not so sure...

Are you honestly arguing that :
  • Climate change isn't man made
  • nothing can be done about climate change
  • this is a conspiracy put on by the government to tax us more

Or are you simply arguing that Canada is very small, so we're a drop in the bucket compared to US/China/India? I can somewhat understand this point...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: FRENCH CO2 TAX REVOLT