Notices

Long Time Dreamer, First Time Owner - 997.1TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 PM
htnahsarp
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Long Time Dreamer, First Time Owner - 997.1TT

I have been a Porsche fan for as long as I can remember and after years of not knowing what to buy as my first Porsche, I finally bought my first P-car and I'm so happy!!!!

Over the last few years I have looked at maybe buying a 986, 987, 981, 982, 993, 996, 997 and 991 not to mention rattling my brain over what version of 911 would best suit me. After years of hunting for one I finally picked up a 997.1TT. She is bone stock with the renowned Mezger and is just so darn pretty! I actually had this exact car in blue on my laptop computer as a background for at least one whole year straight. It really is a dream come true!

My first mod will definitely be an exhaust so if any 997.1TT owners in the GTA are willing to give me a ride in theirs that have an exhaust they want to share let me know! I'm looking at either a Speedtech 3" Cat or Catless, BBI or Europipe.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow enthusiasts! Pics for clicking even though they are in a poor lit garage and from my cell phone.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:56 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Congrats! Great looking Turbo!
Old 11-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Where did you find her? Mileage?
Old 11-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Outstanding Example!!! You certainly bought the RIGHT color!!! Congrats!!

I have and absolutely LOVE my Europipe on my 997.2TTS! Build quality and sound is perfect for these cars. (Just my .02... I know there are many other great systems)

Old 11-24-2018, 07:31 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

Very nice. My second favourite Turbo. Call Jake Raby at Flat 6 Innovations before you buy an after market exhaust. He dynos everything before and after and will tell you what power loss to expect.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Very nice. My second favourite Turbo. Call Jake Raby at Flat 6 Innovations before you buy an after market exhaust. He dynos everything before and after and will tell you what power loss to expect.
Or better yet, speak to Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks. He is the absolute guru for these turbos. His top recommendations are the Europipe or the 3” Speedtech. I have the latter with one of his tunes and running about 520 whp.

Beautiful ride congratulations! The last and best of the Mezger Turbos. Of course I am biased...
Old 11-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer

Or better yet, speak to Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks. He is the absolute guru for these turbos. His top recommendations are the Europipe or the 3” Speedtech. I have the latter with one of his tunes and running about 520 whp.

Beautiful ride congratulations! The last and best of the Mezger Turbos. Of course I am biased...
+1 for Kevin!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:45 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car. A 997 Turbo Cab is the next Porsche I’d like to get.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:07 PM
htnahsarp
AutoX

Talking

Originally Posted by ggrace
Congrats! Beautiful car. A 997 Turbo Cab is the next Porsche I’d like to get.
Thanks!! Good examples come and go off the market like hotcakes. Start the search!

Thanks!! I will reach out to Kevin.

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Thanks!! I will reach out to Jake.

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Outstanding Example!!! You certainly bought the RIGHT color!!! Congrats!!

I have and absolutely LOVE my Europipe on my 997.2TTS! Build quality and sound is perfect for these cars. (Just my .02... I know there are many other great systems)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1jBHrjaQg
Thanks!! I definitely need to hear a Europipe 1 and 2 in person.

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Where did you find her? Mileage?
It's a US import that's been in the country for a few years. Most recently Quebec. A little higher mileage (100k) but I have no issues with that. Garage queen cars aren't always the best scenario.

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats! Great looking Turbo!
Thanks!!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

I actually remember that car for sale online. Thought it looked awesome and was a decent deal if it all checked out.

My Turbo came from Montreal too. The 997.1’s are tough to find.

Heres my exhaust in cold start.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:22 AM
htnahsarp
AutoX

I actually remember that car for sale online. Thought it looked awesome and was a decent deal if it all checked out.

My Turbo came from Montreal too. The 997.1’s are tough to find.

Heres my exhaust in cold start.

https://youtu.be/YTPOuAzyT1Q
Is this with or without Cats? What made you choose the version you did?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by htnahsarp
Is this with or without Cats? What made you choose the version you did?
Mine has the cats, I bought it from a Rennlister. I liked the sound and also felt if I was going to do an exhaust, I would pick one that makes big power. If you talk to Kevin at UMW he will tell you there are tons of exhausts on the market for the 997TT that don't deliver on power. Also there is nothing on the market that sounds like the Speedtech, very exotic. Slightly droney at lower rpm but the high rpm sound makes up for it. Rennlister Cstyles in Burlington has the same exhaust as me, and has some Youtube videos at Mosport if you want to hear his in action.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:14 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on your first Pcar and stepping right into a TT. Beautiful car and color. Currently looking at a very similar car. Will be interested in your driving impressions after you put on a few miles. Keep us posted and add some outdoor pics when you get a chance. Glad your dream came true. Enjoy.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:49 PM
Recruiter_Bruno
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 102 Posts

I too joined the P-Car world this fall for the first time. Kinda wished it was a Turbo but the incredible condition, options, mods and COLOR was exactly what I was looking for.
Congrats.
It's a great feeling isn't it?

Let the modding begin!!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Komenda Fan
Advanced

997 TT was a great design. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Long Time Dreamer, First Time Owner - 997.1TT