Notices

Porsche Vancouver booked solid for 3-4 months??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:42 PM
yjz
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Porsche Vancouver booked solid for 3-4 months??

I recently moved to Vancouver from Ontario, bringing my Porsche with me. I just called Porsche Vancouver to schedule a service and was told that the earliest availability they have is February 2019. They claimed to have 230 cars in the lot waiting to be serviced. Does this not strike anyone else as insane??

I asked what happens if one of their customers has an emergency situation with a car. They said that they should tow the vehicle in, but it would be 2-3 weeks before a tech could get around to it. Unbelievable....

Thinking of taking my car to Porsche of Bellingham (Roger Jobs Porsche) instead.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:51 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

WTF? Wow if that's for real.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Epicben
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Try Langley Porsche they are not as busy, or Weissach.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:42 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by yjz
I recently moved to Vancouver from Ontario, bringing my Porsche with me. I just called Porsche Vancouver to schedule a service and was told that the earliest availability they have is February 2019. They claimed to have 230 cars in the lot waiting to be serviced. Does this not strike anyone else as insane??

I asked what happens if one of their customers has an emergency situation with a car. They said that they should tow the vehicle in, but it would be 2-3 weeks before a tech could get around to it. Unbelievable....

Thinking of taking my car to Porsche of Bellingham (Roger Jobs Porsche) instead.
Go to Langley. Great team and they have spots for next week and the week after. They also can pick your car up.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:48 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

But I'm not surprised about Porsche Vancouver at all. The GVA is just too big/rich for the dealership.

For example, when you walk into a dealership to buy a Cayenne Turbo in San Francisco, they are like - test drive it, or take it for a day, we'll babysit your kids, maybe even sell you a GT3 at MSRP.
Walk in at Porsche Vancouver, they ignore you, then tell you'll need to wait a year or trade in your GT3 to jump the line.

I'm not blaming them - they just have too much demand.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Damon88
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have time you could come over to the Island... Porsche Victoria are great to deal with. Called on Thursday and had my car in on Monday, this is normal. Only problem for you is......BC Ferries Ugh
Old 11-07-2018, 04:09 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Take it to Weissach. Better, likely more knowledgeable service, lower cost (still high, but lower), and no insane wait.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:01 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

o/p - 230 cars being serviced, and put away for the winter and storage. I'm sure its the same thing as a marina.
I can't get my snowmobile serviced until all the sea doo's are away.
At least they were honest about it. When they are not, that drives me crazy-er. Which is also not a far trip.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:59 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Arent there any indies in Van???
Old 11-07-2018, 04:42 PM
yjz
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Epicben
Try Langley Porsche they are not as busy, or Weissach.
Yea I am going to try Weissach. They seem to have a good reputation, and sound very professional over the phone.

Porsche Vancouver wait time is ridiculous. If I were a customer of theirs, I would be pretty pissed with that level of service. Imagine having your brand new 911 Turbo break down and have to wait 2-3 weeks for someone to look at it? They must prioritize their new vehicle customers.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM
yjz
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
o/p - 230 cars being serviced, and put away for the winter and storage. I'm sure its the same thing as a marina.
I can't get my snowmobile serviced until all the sea doo's are away.
At least they were honest about it. When they are not, that drives me crazy-er. Which is also not a far trip.
Good point.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

And here I was complaining about the 2.5 week wait to get my Range Rover serviced

Unless your car is under warranty and you need to take your car to a Porsche dealer (in which case, as already mentioned, Langley is your best bet), try giving Blitzkrieg or Weissach a call. Blitzkrieg has always worked on my 997s and always done good work. Fair shop rate, good communication, easy to schedule in. No complaints.

Originally Posted by Damon88
Porsche Victoria are great to deal with.
This extends to their sales department as well. Tyson is a class act.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 AM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Welcome to Canada! Hurry up and wait.

I find this story typical. Although I have never had to wait months for service, I have similar stories getting my lawn tractor, boat or atv’s serviced.

I have been waiting to get the IMS Solution installed for a month. Going in next week.

Waited a month for a guy to vpcome out and do some aluminum work on the house doorways.

I was at Petsmart on Sunday to drop Dog off for a groom. With an appointment, waited 20 minutes to drop him off. On way out I noticed all cash registers were at least 5 customers deep.

I used to do a lot of work in the US so I spent a lot of time there. I don’t ever remember seeing the waiting we do in Canada.

Last edited by steam_mill; 11-08-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
Arent there any indies in Van???
Plenty of options here. Besides those already listed you have Scan, Turn3, Yuans as additional options too.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM
startroops
Track Day

I must've lucked out as I only waited 1 month to get an oil change at Porsche Vancouver, which I found ridiculous still. I am looking to try Porsche Langley next time.

Quick Reply: Porsche Vancouver booked solid for 3-4 months??