Notices

OT: small engine repair in Hamilton/west GTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Well done Iceman, the ultimate recycling.
This summer my son came home every other week with something that has a piston in it. Usually a lawnmower. Got to a point that I started putting the really crappy ones or the ones he took apart to see how engines work, back out to the curb. Told him a couple years ago, if you see something by the curb and has a piston, bring it home........just make sure you don't run or else people will think you stole it. He just turned 11 and knows how to take an engine apart, put it back together and most of the times it starts. Highly recommend if you have a kid that wants to learn how engines work is to get some crappy lawnmower and let them rip it apart.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:44 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

I find if you disassemble enough things, enough times? You're bound to accidentally repair something eventually.
At least that has been my skool of thought.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:48 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
I find if you disassemble enough things, enough times? You're bound to accidentally repair something eventually.
At least that has been my skool of thought.
Oh Yeah,

I've worked on the auxiliary heater on my Jetta TDI daily driver 4x this past month before finally (Hopefully) fixing it....

Quick Reply: OT: small engine repair in Hamilton/west GTA