Notices

Suggestions for shop to do PPF/Ceramic coating in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 05:55 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Suggestions for shop to do PPF/Ceramic coating in the GTA

My GT3 will be delivering here shortly and have been looking for a shop near our Oakville home to do a full PPF and Ceramic coating. Anyone have any great experiences with a particular shop they would like to recommend?
Old 08-03-2018, 06:04 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really close to Oakville but I had my PPF done by Kaval at Make it Shine. http://makeitshine.ca/blog/

I'd go back for my next car.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:17 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Vaughn could work well. My wife is with Magna and goes up to Vaughn somewhat often. Did you do a partial or full car? I intend on doing full car but the last place I looked into the example they showed me did not have most of the edges wrapped around and I didn't like that.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:39 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did full front including mirrors, leading edge of roof (the part before the sunroof), rocker panels, and before and after the rear wheels.

For the most part, everything is wrapped fully around. The rear fender ones are larger than the Porsche stone guards but not fully wrapped around and looks kind of like the OEM one is. I think you can get the full car if you wanted.

Kaval from Make it shine does a good job of explaining everything so you know exactly what you're getting. He uses the 3M product.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 599 Posts

Patrick is one of the best at PPF in the area and he does all of Porsche Centre Oakville’s cars. I would use him, but specify that he must do the car personally. He is a great guy and his work is awesome!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

^ Patrick at where?
Old 09-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Geoff Gray
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wes @ Orion Detailing does great work. Uses Opti-coat
Old 09-04-2018, 10:29 AM
gc88
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

If you are in Oakville and looking for someone local - You can check out Inception Auto on Wyecroft. https://www.inceptionautodetailing.com/

Good guys - easy to work with. I had a paint correction, front end PPF'd and glass coating done there earlier this year.

Last edited by gc88; 09-04-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
lee_337
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
^ Patrick at where?
If it is the same guy, he did my car that I bought at Downtown Porsche. He did a great job, unfortunately, he will not deal with customers if there is a problem, you have to go through your salesperson who may or may not have communication skills. I wanted to have the rockers and intakes PPF'd but it did not get done, then there was a bunch of confusion when I asked why not. I would recommend finding someone you can deal directly with, especially if you want something other than a basic kit, or something very straight forward.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for shop to do PPF/Ceramic coating in the GTA