Notices

Prince Edward County - Any good roads to take the car for a drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 09:19 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Prince Edward County - Any good roads to take the car for a drive?

Hey,
We are planning a trip up to Prince Edward County (Ontario) soon. I was wondering if there are any good roads up there to take the 997 for a drive. When I say good, Im looking for twisty back roads, if possible.

Any recommendations?
Old 07-15-2018, 03:21 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I am in Northumberland county and regularly go into Prince Edward. No real memorable roads. Nice roads but nothing really sticks out. Lots of popo too.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:10 PM
blotto649
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yah, nothing too memorable out here but I like to run the 'Cressy loop' every once in a while.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Cressy loop is pretty good, yes. It's also nice to visit Lake on the Mountain. Parsons Brewery is super - even if you don't love beers, they have authentic mexican (made by an authentic mexican, no less) and it's great. I also like to do the South Bay loop taking you through Cherry Valley and Milford. Where you see 13 on the map, take that and follow it, you should be at or go by the Black River cheese factory. Continue down that road a ways, it's very twisty and then turn right towards Milford at the Boat Museum (or stop in, it's free though they ask for a donation). I believe it's... 10 that takes you to Milford? Continue on 10 to Cherry Valley, turn left on to 18 and just follow it until you get to the Sandbanks park... turn into the Sandbanks park and as you approach the ticket booths, you should see a road that is to the right of that (there's a parking lot there) with a road that goes off to the right - do not go into the park unless you want to ... bypass the line and the booths and turn right on to 12, which will take you around by another part of the park but along the waterfront - then when you come to a stop sign at the end of it, turn left if you want to go and see the remains of the old Lakeshore Lodge, a geniune 1920s "flapper" hotel that was a big hit with New Yorkers during prohibition, or turn right to to through a super twisty road that dumps you out to Bloomfield, if you follow it all the way - or turn on to the Ridge Road about 2/3 of the way (7km maybe?) for a twisty road that ends at the south end of Picton.

Try not to speed too much in obvious speeding zones. As has been mentioned, the whole County is over-policed.

Also, try out Karlo Estates if you like wine, beer, charcouterie or just something different. Cool place.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:22 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 345 Posts

You must include Lake on the Mountain in the drive.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:58 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I was on that road 2 weeks ago, it's beautiful but twisty not so much. Lake on the Mountain is worth a stop. There's also a good lunch spot in Waupoos that has local beer.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

thanks for the tips guys!

Quick Reply: Prince Edward County - Any good roads to take the car for a drive?