Notices

Name of good independent for PPI near North York,ONTARIO

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Big smoke no need, but really appreciate the offer.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the info Turbodan. This is a reputable high end dealer. The problem is that its an original US car that was imported into Ontario in 2012. I personally don't have an issue with this, but some Canadians shy away from them ( thinking long term if I ever resell). I find that although the trip and odometer readings have been changed into KM, the speedo is still in MPH, a minor nuisance when driving always having to convert. I already have a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S ( silver rose ) that I imported in 2014, so I have dealt with this annoyance for some time. But thank you again for the info.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 409 Posts

you can change the digital readout to display KMs so no annoyance. The US car thing is a joke as they are all built in Germany and US cars are usually optioned better and no salt. The dealers will complain when buying a US car and then price them the same as a CDN car. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:41 AM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Translog
Thank you for the info Turbodan. This is a reputable high end dealer. The problem is that its an original US car that was imported into Ontario in 2012. I personally don't have an issue with this, but some Canadians shy away from them ( thinking long term if I ever resell). I find that although the trip and odometer readings have been changed into KM, the speedo is still in MPH, a minor nuisance when driving always having to convert. I already have a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S ( silver rose ) that I imported in 2014, so I have dealt with this annoyance for some time. But thank you again for the info.
Mine was imported from US too. I use the digital speedo (in KM) and never look at the MPH speedo.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:42 AM
seanseidman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drabe
Consider EU Autowerks in Woodbridge. (905) 850-7600. Great service
+1
Old 07-06-2018, 10:40 PM
mike.baa
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gtek is in North York. Fantastic shop. I went there for everything when I had a cayman including the PPI before I bought it from a dealership. I now go to Eurocharged in North York for all my service. Just a bit more convenient for me. Great shop.

Quick Reply: Name of good independent for PPI near North York,ONTARIO