Notices

Porsche stolen at gunpoint during test drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:07 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like he should be a suspect. Maybe it comes off wrong.. But i think people worry to much about this stuff. Last summer I went and looked at a car for a member on here who I don't think ever really thanked me but whatever. The car was close to me and he was a few hours away. . Anyway the member here put me in touch with the guy.. he wanted a pic of my passport before he gave me the address. Seemed a bit much... I think you can get a good feel on people and read the tea leaves pretty well. All the pic stuff is over the top Imo. Speaking of tea leaves.. and to be totally clear I'm in way down playing the tim bosma murder. It obviously horrible and no one should go thru that, But there should have been alarm bells going off when too guys came for a test drive at dusk walking up the driveway. No car in sight. I read alot on the case the accomplice even winked at Mrs.bosma. I wasent there . Don't know the whole situation but that all should have been huge red flags.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:27 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777
hahaha.... that is exactly what I was thinking.

Some guy contacting me recently to test ride a brand new $400 bicycle that I am selling on Kijiji. I told him, no problem, just leave me a full cash deposit and you are welcome to take it for a ride.

His exact words were "Can you just leave a ID, like a Drivers license and Credid card. Don’t feel comfortable leaving cash with someone"

My response...

"No sorry. I dont feel comfortable giving my bike to someone without the cash."

A maxed out credit card or a drivers license really are going to do me no good if the bike is gone. The police would come by and would be laughing as they filled out the report. That is if they even come by to do a report at all.

If someone is serious, then the deposit taken at my house should not be an issue. After our conversation the guy never showed.

And that is on a $400 bike. Nevermind on a $100k Porsche.

If someone ever totaled your car on a test drive, I think you would be lucky to get 'black book' value for it. Which on the 997 cars seems to be up to 20 - 40% under market value.

And if the guy had no insurance or his license was suspended, then things would get even worse. I am guessing you would still be covered by your insurance, but it would likely be a fight to get paid out.

I don't bother too much with Kijji anymore, Facebook marketplace has been treating me pretty good these days especially for road bike stuff. I stopped with Kijji after I sold my E34 and recently trying to buy a used Zipp wheelset that the guy claimed were new but didn't want me checking out on truing stand.

Quick Reply: Porsche stolen at gunpoint during test drive