Notices

Canadian GP OT

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:49 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts
Default Canadian GP OT

Well overall I found the race boring, But in my opinion Montreal always is. Basically its a flat out sprint and if there is no action in the first couple of laps there is none at all. Favors the outright faster cars with little left to driver skill. ( well at that level obviously anyway ).
The thing that has always irritated me about F1 is the celebrityism they always pander to. The rich and famous " hanging out" in the garages with headsets on only because they are exactly that, who cares about Michael Douglas, Patrick Stewart, or any of the other rich and famous. it has gotten to the point where they are influencing the sport now as they let them get involved. I mean letting some model wave the checkered flag and does it a lap early ? which theoretically could have changed the outcome significantly , If I were FIA officials I would be seriously wanting to clamp down on this total crap.

What an embarrassment for us as a country hosting such a major event.

The best part I think was the celebration of Vettel and understanding what it meant to win at this track 40 years after Villeneuve did it for Ferrari .

Good for him.

just my opinion .... carry on !
Old 06-11-2018, 04:12 PM
DDzPorsche
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Any idea why there were no interviews on the podium after the trophies were handed out (at least televised)?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by DDzPorsche
Any idea why there were no interviews on the podium after the trophies were handed out (at least televised)?
Liberty and the FIA decided on that as the podium celebration/ interview cuts into other networks TV time. For example TSN cutting it short, they figure with the interview in parc ferme it will allow fans to hear from the drivers.

The race was boring but don't blame Montreal for that.. Blame the ruleset.. Blame Liberty for parading her around all weekend. Micheal Douglas and Patrick Stewart are actual fans, hell Douglas spends most of the year at his house in the townships. We host the event well but Liberty is getting annoying with the amount of celebrities they have the on the grid now, Brundle was saying how at the last few races he's been unable to have a proper grid walk.

Quick Reply: Canadian GP OT