Notices

Sound of CF crumbling

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,024 Likes on 728 Posts

.... about as sideways as that McLaren.. ...
Old 05-09-2018, 04:27 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

The first thing these idiots should have done after that wreck was delete all video footage. Instead, they post it online. Beautiful.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:29 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,024 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by cstyles
The first thing these idiots should have done after that wreck was delete all video footage. Instead, they post it online. Beautiful.
I'm sure the driver and passenger with the gopro aren't exactly the best of friends right now lol .
Old 05-09-2018, 06:52 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,202 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
How is everything so much cheaper in the US?
Capitalism.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:48 PM
CarlEightySix
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strathconaman
Like how the top end of charter violations is worth $20K, and how two successive Liberal prime ministers made the decisions that lead to the Charter breaches? I guess $10 mil is the price to keep this news from the Canadian public. How is everything so much cheaper in the US?

Boy has this thread gone sideways.
  • He is a Canadian citizen.
  • He was interrogated and detained with the cooperation and participation of CSIS and the Martin/Chretien governments.
  • They and the Harper government refused to take active steps to safeguard his rights and/or repatriate him, especially considering he was a minor when this all took place.
  • Three separate SCC decisions found that his Charter rights were violated by these actions. Despite this, the Harper govt continued to let him rot in Guatanamo and did little to nothing to try and repatriate him.
  • In 2013, he filed a civil lawsuit against the government for violating his rights. Given the multiple SCC decisions that found his rights were violated, and refusal by both Liberal and Conservative governments to do anything to rectify it, his case is pretty much a slam dunk.
  • Khadr was seeking $20 million in damages. There are no precedents, so no guarantee he would get the full $20 million. But this is also a pretty extraordinary case of inaction and deliberate violation of civil rights of a citizen by multiple governments. Regardless of what he did or didn't do in the war, he retains his right to due process which was denied him.
  • So, Trudeau was basically stuck with all this and faced with the choice of going to trial (which they would almost assuredly lose), with the added risk of legal costs awarded against the government. Trudeau settled (or more likely, lawyers advised him to settle) for $10.5 million rather than go to a trial they will surely lose and have to pay much much more money.
It's fare that many people are angry about the settlement but all of this could have been avoided if the Canadian Government didn't help and assisted the Americans in their Illegal actions. Both Liberals and Conservatives Government that caused this situation in the first place.
He was all but guaranteed to win something from the feds, armed with a small fleet of legal and constitutional experts backing his complaint and exacerbated by the Harper government throwing constant nonsensical roadblocks in the way of his civil suit - to the degree that a federal judge ordered the government to pay his legal costs.

More than $10M? Less than $10M? Tough to say, but he absolutely would have won compensation. The government behaved a hell of a lot worse than they did for Maher Arar who, coincidentally enough, Harper was glad to pay $10M 10 years ago so a higher payout wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

I agree with this threat went sideways, is not the first time and the last. Every time that something like this happens and involves chinese immigrants or middle eastern there always racist posts, Last time was about and Accident (Burglinton or Oakville, I can't rememberr) and it was about a kid that had an accident in a Mclaren, the first posts in that threat where filled with racist and ignorance, after It was discover the kid was white everything changed.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,202 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlEightySix
I agree with this threat went sideways, is not the first time and the last. Every time that something like this happens and involves chinese immigrants or middle eastern there always racist posts, Last time was about and Accident (Burglinton or Oakville, I can't rememberr) and it was about a kid that had an accident in a Mclaren, the first posts in that threat where filled with racist and ignorance, after It was discover the kid was white everything changed.
Yeah, human nature sure is a biatch...
Old 05-09-2018, 09:05 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlEightySix
More than $10M? Less than $10M? Tough to say, but he absolutely would have won compensation. The government behaved a hell of a lot worse than they did for Maher Arar who, coincidentally enough, Harper was glad to pay $10M 10 years ago so a higher payout wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.
The evaluation of the damages is where this argument always falls off the rails. The government lost $10mil behind the radiator during this process. I would have rather seen a trial, and let justice be seen to be done.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:08 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts

Duplicate.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by uniquenamehere
more money than brains...
Probably his parents money

In before this thread gets locked.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:02 PM
Mark Henry
Instructor

IMHO I agree Khadr's charter of rights were violated, plain and simple you don't have a set of rules/rights for whites and another set for everyone else.
Besides I heard it would have cost the taxpayer $50mil to fight and lose.

Just as I believe Ghomeshi was the right call, because those women were comparing notes and lied (omitted) about it.
Personally I think he was guilty, but the law doesn't care about opinions, only facts, as it should be.

The asian kid was a dumbass kid, just like the countless number of dumbass white kids before him.
Lots of dumbass white kids with rich daddy's out there too.
A few high profile murderers have been in the local news lately, and one scumbag had a rich daddy, what colour were they?

Really if want to be wad why don't you go to the Pelican PARF forum, I only want to talk about Porsche here.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Hardy Har Har and even deeper Hardy Har Har’s.

What an idiot.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:08 AM
DOOBEE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ekam
My colleague's car was totaled on the 401 exactly like this video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlH9RGLJqxE
Have you ever been to China? This type of lane crossing is common practice everyday there. Different rules of the road. It helped me understand some of the driving tactics I see around here.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Saw this comment posted on another forum and it made me laugh .....

"We live in a blessed age where morons fully document their adventures"
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^
and their mis-adventures !

Quick Reply: Sound of CF crumbling