Notices

Looking for 997.1 Dectane/depo. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 AM
acarr6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 997.1 Dectane/depo. Suggestions?

hi guys!

looking for some suggestions where I can purchase 997.1 dectane or depo LED tail lights locally (or even online Canadian site). Did some searching and wasn’t able to find anything that won’t cost a fortune in duties! Thanks
Old 04-30-2018, 05:23 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Your only option is in the *rare* chance that a set of used lights come up in Canada. I found the best price was ordering from FVD - they supply the lights with the resistors already installed so that they are truly plug and play. Depo / Dectane supply the resistors but you have to install them yourself. I believe I paid about $800 CAD after shipping, FX, duties, tax, etc... Rhonda @ FVD USA is who I dealt with.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:25 PM
acarr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cstyles
Your only option is in the *rare* chance that a set of used lights come up in Canada. I found the best price was ordering from FVD - they supply the lights with the resistors already installed so that they are truly plug and play. Depo / Dectane supply the resistors but you have to install them yourself. I believe I paid about $800 CAD after shipping, FX, duties, tax, etc... Rhonda @ FVD USA is who I dealt with.
That's not TOOOO bad actually. Thanks a lot I'll look into it!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:46 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Just an FYI...there is also a newer style that has a different look. Not necessarily better, but different anyway.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:02 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777
Just an FYI...there is also a newer style that has a different look. Not necessarily better, but different anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtw8AJQLzI
The best part about the FVD/Depo/Dectane light is that it is virtually identical in look to the OE 997.2 tail lamp, just with the slightly altered shape. There are a few other subtle differences with how the LED's light up (which I actually prefer the aftermarket vs the OE lamp). The FVD lights have a perfectly uniform LED intensity around the lamp, whereas the OE lamp seems to have a complete mismatch of LED intensities in the lamp.

Most people think my car is a 997.2 at first glance as the tail lights match that close. It takes a Porschephile to quickly notice the shape is slightly different.

Anyways, to me that's the biggest selling feature of these - the OE look. The other lamps have a pepboys aftermarket look to them as most AM tail lamps do.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM
EPOS
Advanced

I got lucky and picked up a set off kijiji last year for $350. The seller indicated there might be a problem with the passenger side light. I took the chance as I read it was an easy fix by replacing the resistors. I replaced resistors on both sets and they work perfectly!

Love the dectanes as they look OEM, just know that if you order a new set you might still end up having problems with these lights not working.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Buy them from Frank at Orange Tuning. They come from the EU, so thanks to CETA now there are no duties. (I intentionally waited to buy mine until it came into effect.) Also, with the overseas UPS shipping you don't get the exorbitant brokerage charges you usually get with UPS either. (So the only COD is the taxes.) Plus his prices are great.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:36 AM
DOOBEE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a used set that needs resistors if you are interested.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 PM
acarr6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DOOBEE
I have a used set that needs resistors if you are interested.
Pm'd

Quick Reply: Looking for 997.1 Dectane/depo. Suggestions?