Notices

Speeding Ticket Toronto Help

Old 04-17-2018, 03:32 AM
Roberto T
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs

ok , really, 2 fail to have insurance proof......your are an idiot......stupid is as stupid does......guess you cant learn a lesson......you should not be driving. If you had insurance you can easily get those reversed. Not feeling sorry for you , you deserve what you get . Im tired of this, you would think if you are smart enough to own a 911 you know you are a target. Why dont you just drive without a sticker nor a plate for that matter. Is it really the first time you have been speeding in 6 years or did you finally get caught again? Probabaly didnt reduce it as of all the priors. Ya it sucks but I would be pissed if someone hit me and they didnt have insurance proof and I would nail them too!
Sorry to her your thoughts. There is a reason why there are demerit points and why you don't lose your license immediately after 1 ticket. People make mistakes. I suspect your a physician and you must know not to judge or treat patients based on specific actions they may have taken. We get busy and often forget to do small tasks like placing your uptodate pink slip in the car.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,011 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs

ok , really, 2 fail to have insurance proof......your are an idiot......stupid is as stupid does......guess you cant learn a lesson......you should not be driving. If you had insurance you can easily get those reversed. Not feeling sorry for you , you deserve what you get . Im tired of this, you would think if you are smart enough to own a 911 you know you are a target. Why dont you just drive without a sticker nor a plate for that matter. Is it really the first time you have been speeding in 6 years or did you finally get caught again? Probabaly didnt reduce it as of all the priors. Ya it sucks but I would be pissed if someone hit me and they didnt have insurance proof and I would nail them too!
Now There is comradery for ya ! , hi nice to meet you , you're in idiot !!! .. nice .. . I hope you are not in PR.

Roberto, Cstyles is right on the money with this .

The reason the other guy got off was due to a delay in the court system I would imagine, nothing they actually did. If you think it's worth completely removing , get a real lawyer. If not you may be able to plead it down a little yourself with a meeting with the prosecutor to reduce the fine and maybe from 4 points to 3 but nothing else ( depends what your time is worth ) , it may save you some bucks but its still a mark on your insurance.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 PM
Roberto T
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Now There is comradery for ya ! , hi nice to meet you , you're in idiot !!! .. nice .. . I hope you are not in PR.

Roberto, Cstyles is right on the money with this .

The reason the other guy got off was due to a delay in the court system I would imagine, nothing they actually did. If you think it's worth completely removing , get a real lawyer. If not you may be able to plead it down a little yourself with a meeting with the prosecutor to reduce the fine and maybe from 4 points to 3 but nothing else ( depends what your time is worth ) , it may save you some bucks but its still a mark on your insurance.
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip Iceman!

Roberto
Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Roberto T
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip Iceman!

Roberto
To Roberto's credit, he did say he had insurance but not the new slip. If something happened his info would still be on the old slip
Old 04-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

^ I simply don't know why this guy is getting help. Doc's got it covered, truth aint pretty.

You try and do a 104 in a 60 and see how it feels..........we all do it to some extent, but if your running way over like this guy then the punishment fits the crime.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:37 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
^ I simply don't know why this guy is getting help. Doc's got it covered, truth aint pretty.

You try and do a 104 in a 60 and see how it feels..........we all do it to some extent, but if your running way over like this guy then the punishment fits the crime.
Please. Everyone has done 104 or close to that in a 60. If you have a Porsche and you haven't, then just give up on life, sell your car and buy a Corolla. The OP is looking for advice and some are nice enough to give it to him. If you want to be a judgmental jerk like Dr. Dufus then just bugger off.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Please. Everyone has done 104 or close to that in a 60. If you have a Porsche and you haven't, then just give up on life, sell your car and buy a Corolla. The OP is looking for advice and some are nice enough to give it to him. If you want to be a judgmental jerk like Dr. Dufus then just bugger off.
Now who's being judgmental? I own multiple Porsches, and never did 104 in a 60 down lakeshore, ever! I guess i'm just a dumbass for not wanting to endanger the life of others (let's not forget OP said there were other cars around him), and when I really want to go fast, I take my car to the track. Cause really, if you own a Porsche and don't track you really should own a Corolla.

mumbles and docdrs are right!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:31 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
Now who's being judgmental? I own multiple Porsches, and never did 104 in a 60 down lakeshore, ever! I guess i'm just a dumbass for not wanting to endanger the life of others (let's not forget OP said there were other cars around him), and when I really want to go fast, I take my car to the track. Cause really, if you own a Porsche and don't track you really should own a Corolla.

mumbles and docdrs are right!
Congrats on your multiple porsches! I'm not saying 104 down a crowded 60 km/h road. There are plenty of roads n the burbs that are 60 and you're telling me you've never pushed one of your multiple porsches on one of those roads? You've never been on a "cruise" with your buddies?? Come on, please. And I'm hardly condoning such driving if it is done on a regular basis. Just saying everyone has done it a few times.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:35 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

Tough crowd ....
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Congrats on your multiple porsches! I'm not saying 104 down a crowded 60 km/h road. There are plenty of roads n the burbs that are 60 and you're telling me you've never pushed one of your multiple porsches on one of those roads? You've never been on a "cruise" with your buddies?? Come on, please. And I'm hardly condoning such driving if it is done on a regular basis. Just saying everyone has done it a few times.
‘thanks! I wanted to make sure I accentuated my douchebaggery. Kinda like how people justify driving like idiots cause they own a Porsche, and you have to speed down roads otherwise you should own a Toyota. And no i’ve Never been stupid enough to go 44 over. Thats what the track is for. This clown did it on lakeshore around other cars as per his post, so I have no sympathy at all for him. Often or not, doing 104 in a 60 on a street like lakeshore is downright moronic.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles

In my case I got caught on the westbound Gardiner off ramp at Lakeshore. I didn't slow down fast enough.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM
palmpalm
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Roberto T
Unfortunately I got a speeding ticket while driving on Lakeshore. It is my first ticket in 6 years. I am not concerned about the fine or the points but more about my insurance rate. Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone try X Copper or any of the other paralegals?

Thanks!

Roberto
http://www.416charged.ca call Forch; he's been my guy for years and I've always been very happy.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,189 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Tough crowd ....
Tough topic...
Old 04-18-2018, 09:41 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,011 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
Now who's being judgmental? . Cause really, if you own a Porsche and don't track you really should own a Corolla.
!
There is some serious judging right there !! Does not consider the fact people own cars for different reasons and you should own a corolla just because your not one of the cool kids who go to the track ?
Wow !!

Yet he be without sin cast the first stone !!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

:r olleyes::rol leyes:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket Toronto Help