Another Porsche recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Another Porsche recall

https://shop3.porsche.com/uk/kids/to...ooden-car.pdds

Not another centre lock problem surely???.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Having worked for Mattel years back in QA, fear of litigation for defective toys resulting in the injury of kids is looked upon more seriously than wheels falling off real cars hurting adults.

At least there's not an IMS to worry about and I do however like the Miami Blue with ducktail.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Bahama
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Not another centre lock problem surely???.
Luckily I purchased the complete Porsche transport carrier and 3 Porsches as a set for our grandson's birthday last Sept (colours of 3 cars included were red, black, and white). With room on the transporter for an additional car, I was thinking of buying the extra blue one, but decided against it when I saw the price (about 40% of what the complete cars/transporter cost). When Nicholas and I swap out the winters for the summers in the next couple of weeks I will make sure he checks the torque specs on those center locks...
Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

They should have known trying to introduce the limited slip in this model would have been an issue . Bet they went cheap and tried to use a Haldex Limited slip instead of the traditional Torsen.

Bastards ...
Old 04-13-2018, 01:38 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

After further investigation it was determined that all failures occurred on the same model of porsche 911. It was later traced back to the factory and a failed torque wrench producing lower than required torque. There is a campaign of for all owners of the affected model class visit their closest Porsche dealer to have the proper torque applied to the wheels as soon as possible. Although this is a free recall and your car will also be detailed free of charge, we suggest that a the Porsche Spring 160 point inspection be done, at a modest fee tdb, so that your 911 is ready for the track or street.

Quick Reply: Another Porsche recall