Notices

Electric Garage Door Openers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I’m having a marantec installed with a new garage door. German. Very quiet. Very reliable. They don’t have the bells and whistles of liftmaster like Wi-Fi though. For me not needed. Btw if you have the space, a side mount is the ticket. No overhead track. Unfortunately i don’t have the space on the sides and have a 12ft ceiling and door so need a long track.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:04 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll be buying the Liftmaster 8500. I like the simplicity of its design.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:08 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I’m having a marantec installed with a new garage door. German. Very quiet. Very reliable. They don’t have the bells and whistles of liftmaster like Wi-Fi though. For me not needed. Btw if you have the space, a side mount is the ticket. No overhead track. Unfortunately i don’t have the space on the sides and have a 12ft ceiling and door so need a long track.
There's a work-around. Some kind of bracket. GarageLiving is going it in our new place.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg981
This is true. My opener is way off the middle of the door. Makes no difference. I did this to accommodate my four post lift.
And assuming your garage door has no windows you have a cheap and effective countermeasure to the coat hanger trick described in this thread.....

As a word of caution there is a thread in the 997 section where a RL was selling his house and a crook came and released the emergency catch on the door during an open house - came back that night and stole the Porsche out of the garage. Realtor never checked to see if the garage was still secure..

Quick Reply: Electric Garage Door Openers?