Notices

First time visitor to the Toronto area question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:12 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^In Canada, all GT cars are sold at MSRP.. However, there are still some games to be played here by the private dealers...
I've heard some mixed reviews on PNT, but I also heard that they did dole out the allocations on a first served basis... although some had to go an extra mile to show they are not flippers..
I will likely drop by there this week, as it's about 5 min from a condo I have in that area.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:39 AM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
^In Canada, all GT cars are sold at MSRP.. However, there are still some games to be played here by the private dealers...
I've heard some mixed reviews on PNT, but I also heard that they did dole out the allocations on a first served basis... although some had to go an extra mile to show they are not flippers..
I will likely drop by there this week, as it's about 5 min from a condo I have in that area.
The clowns at PNT require you to buy warranty at 4K plus clear bra 7k and 2.5k for ceramic coating if you want a GT car from them plus the sell back clauses now. All non-negotiable apparently.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:57 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,027 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
The clowns at PNT require you to buy warranty at 4K plus clear bra 7k and 2.5k for ceramic coating if you want a GT car from them plus the sell back clauses now. All non-negotiable apparently.
What I a "sell back " clause ?
Old 11-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

What's a ceramic coating?
Old 11-10-2017, 05:18 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
What's a ceramic coating?
Sounds heavy.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:19 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
What I a "sell back " clause ?
I think they get first right of refusal to buy it back if you are to sell the car within a certain period of time.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:50 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
I think they get first right of refusal to buy it back if you are to sell the car within a certain period of time.
I would think that's illegal if you buy it outright. Its your car , you can sell it to whoever you wish . If that's true it would never stand up in court.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 67 Posts

^ my thoughts exactly, that's a bloody joke if you ask me. The whole allocation game nonsense along with these ridiculous add on gouges just turns me off completely.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:55 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

the sell back (at least that is what I call it) basically means that you can't sell it to anyone but them in the first year, and they get to decide the price they buy it for. and they get first right of refusal after a year. the ceramic coating is one of those nano coatings like cquartz. Most detailers charge half what PNT asking, and the best clear film guys don't ask $7.5k for clear film. It's sad a factory dealer pulls these kind of things - really makes the brand look bad.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

I would think that's illegal if you buy it outright. Its your car , you can sell it to whoever you wish . If that's true it would never stand up in court.
It is a contract. Why would you think it would not stand up in court? both parties have consideration.
I think the dealership would look really bad if they tried to sue someone over this though. Also they would need to spend time searching each vehicle ownership to find out if it was sold.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbodan
It is a contract. Why would you think it would not stand up in court? both parties have consideration.
I think the dealership would look really bad if they tried to sue someone over this though. Also they would need to spend time searching each vehicle ownership to find out if it was sold.
Contracts are torn up in court every day. Just like waivers. They mean nothing if they violate a law or Someones rights.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

Contracts are torn up in court every day. Just like waivers. They mean nothing if they violate a law or Someones rights.
contracts are torn up in court for "legal reasons" (such as no consideration). They are not just torn up for no reason.
I do not support these practices but IMO they are legal. Dealer agrees to sell a low production/in demand car and buyer gets it and signs contract with terms. I see no reason to tear it up.

Quick Reply: First time visitor to the Toronto area question