Notices

Anyone coming to mosport club race on august 4th

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 287 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Yes and meanwhile we have a major Spring event in a bloody body shop every year instead of a nice location - but that might require spending a few coin so we can't have that - so back to the repair center. Largest single region in PCA and still run by a cabal of small thinking people. They wonder why the 'churn' rate of memberships is so high, one year and done because dealers buy them for all clients when they purchase a Porsche for the first time and of course one year later few of the non sports car crowd care about sending in money to a car centrist group that care about 'image' rather than relating to current member needs.
Wow. Quite the opinion you have there.

This "body shop" has been supporting our club for years and we in turn support them. It is one hell of a nice body shop.

"run by a cabal of small thinking people" Have you ever met any of these people or attended a board meeting? They commit their time and truly try to do their best. Come and participate and make it better.

BTW
All UCR events are subsidized (or out right paid for), not just the club race.
If you are a member come and take advantage of these opportunities.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Well that's not too bad. The one year I reviewed the statement when they published it. There were 2 massive in the red items. Club racing. And the Galla dinner. Could have been the exception year.
It probably looked that way because they outlay money for both of those events early and then get the money back when people pay. They both are either break even or small cost to the club.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Wow. Quite the opinion you have there.

This "body shop" has been supporting our club for years and we in turn support them. It is one hell of a nice body shop.

"run by a cabal of small thinking people" Have you ever met any of these people or attended a board meeting? They commit their time and truly try to do their best. Come and participate and make it better.

BTW
All UCR events are subsidized (or out right paid for), not just the club race.
If you are a member come and take advantage of these opportunities.
You have a PM...
Old 07-28-2017, 09:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I will be there in GT4 clubsport.

Would be nice to see if there were any canadian clubsports in the area interested in running the race.

There must be some clubbys in Ontario interested in running the clubsport event with us!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:26 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's the best place to be looking for a track-ready Cayman S? Would I be better to go salvage and build it up? A question of patience given they're not commonly for sale?

I have a plated E46 M3 for the track and I'd be looking to make my way into a Cayman S either by selling it or some sort of swap deal, and hopefully get into club racing...I won't take my current P-car on the track.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:44 PM
987part
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FifthGear
Where's the best place to be looking for a track-ready Cayman S? Would I be better to go salvage and build it up? A question of patience given they're not commonly for sale?

I have a plated E46 M3 for the track and I'd be looking to make my way into a Cayman S either by selling it or some sort of swap deal, and hopefully get into club racing...I won't take my current P-car on the track.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Get in touch with me
Old 07-29-2017, 07:28 PM
FifthGear
Instructor

Originally Posted by 987part
Get in touch with me
Didn't realize my PM's were disabled. Fixed, PM me when you have a moment.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:59 PM
987part
Former Vendor

here's the video of 3x laps before the double yellow came out at the beginning of the enduro race

actually, it was my best laps of the 2 days weekend since i wasnt there friday.

Quick Reply: Anyone coming to mosport club race on august 4th