Q&A: Is membership going up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Q&A: Is membership going up?

Yet another break-out of the "open topic" thread.

Originally Posted by 9444Alexis
So what happens with the membership dues? Are they going to be going up?<selfishly>
Old 11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

That - I can't answer, but can only speculate. For that "speculation" - I doubt it. You see - the $17.95 one year Membership and $32 two year Memberships were priced in 1999 (yikes!!). I will tell you - if you look at the manual system of processing a single $17.95 Membership (see my earlier post) - at that level, I'm not certain Jenn or I break even given todays cost? Those cost include:

Color Laser Printer, toner, heat lamination machine, perforated business-card stock, paper, plastic laminate sleeves, envelopes, postage, paper-folding machine, etc. On top of that - there is the time to process, which is Jenn's time including - add the Member to the database, update the Member Login, update the user account on the forum, send a welcome e-mail with a Member #, assemble the paper/brochures for mailing, print & laminate the Membercard, sort the cards to the right letters, stuff the envelope with all that, get the right color sticker which the Member desired, stamp the envelopes, etc....)...

OK - now that's for one member...!!

So - anyway - those are the costs... But - while I.B. may review it in the future, it would be the same or I would (or should have) reviewed it as well. But - I seriously doubt - again - you will see any changes in the near future...

My Best Always,

John
Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
rc1320
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please see https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-acquisition-discussions/388998-q-and-a-what-happens-to-those-of-us-with-membership.html
Old 11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
9934SNY
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.
That - I can't answer, but can only speculate. For that "speculation" - I doubt it. You see - the $17.95 one year Membership and $32 two year Memberships were priced in 1999 (yikes!!). I will tell you - if you look at the manual system of processing a single $17.95 Membership (see my earlier post) - at that level, I'm not certain Jenn or I break even given todays cost? Those cost include:

Color Laser Printer, toner, heat lamination machine, perforated business-card stock, paper, plastic laminate sleeves, envelopes, postage, paper-folding machine, etc. On top of that - there is the time to process, which is Jenn's time including - add the Member to the database, update the Member Login, update the user account on the forum, send a welcome e-mail with a Member #, assemble the paper/brochures for mailing, print & laminate the Membercard, sort the cards to the right letters, stuff the envelope with all that, get the right color sticker which the Member desired, stamp the envelopes, etc....)...

OK - now that's for one member...!!

So - anyway - those are the costs... But - while I.B. may review it in the future, it would be the same or I would (or should have) reviewed it as well. But - I seriously doubt - again - you will see any changes in the near future...

My Best Always,

John
wow a new toner cartridge for every member, you def need to streamline...

Quick Reply: Q&A: Is membership going up?