Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Spoilers Silverstone GP***

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:50 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

It’s very obvious that the Ferrari’s are off pace. In equal cars, Vettel would keep up with Hamilton. Now he is pushing the car beyond! Are reading AMUS in German?
Old 07-16-2017, 09:32 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Toro Rosso is in trouble! Sainz wants out and may be gone as early as next race in Hungary. He is rumored to be moving to Renault and bumping Palmer into the sea of unemployment. Kvyatt should have been sacked at the end of last year. I doubt he will get another chance after Silverstone. Time for two new junior drivers!

Last edited by StoogeMoe; 07-16-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:59 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Originally Posted by MSR Racer
It’s very obvious that the Ferrari’s are off pace. In equal cars, Vettel would keep up with Hamilton. Now he is pushing the car beyond! Are reading AMUS in German?
No, I don't read German. Picked this up from some of the technical sites post race -- I'm kind of a tech geek when it comes to these things.

Another thing I noticed was the "rack" in all the team cars mentioned in the article. It was much more pronounced than the teams that are not using the parc ferme heating method. Perhaps it was because they expected some rain, but it wasn't evident on the Ferrari's, Williams, etc. This stuff is so complicated that perhaps having the oil in dampers/gearbox requires the car to be set up differently. If we think back before Bacu, one the Merc drivers would have great balance and the other off and it seemed to alternate. Perhaps they were setting up their cars for this new innovation and with no in season testing, the only time to work on set up is on Fridays. Seems like Mercedes has both cars hooked up now.

Quick Reply: ***Spoilers Silverstone GP***