Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would be considered the PCA 911 E-Class suspension gurus?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 12:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Who would be considered the PCA 911 E-Class suspension gurus?

Looking to do some upgrades to my E class car. Basically completely stock at the moment. Bilstein sports, etc...

Not looking to go insane and drop $20k, but basically, do the best bang for the buck setup for the time being.

Any shops in particular I should be speaking with?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MidAtlantic area, our guy is Brad Moyer at Digital Chassis. He's tough to get a hold of, but he's REALLY good.

If I were in Sarasota, I'd call Mike Colon at Drivers Choice Motors http://www.driverschoicemotors.com/ or Ron Zitza at http://www.zotzracing.com/ and ask them for a referral.

Both are guys I'd trust to work on my car, and I'd trust any referral they give.
(Be aware Zotz is SUPER busy!)
Old 07-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 773 Posts

Jim Buckley
Mark White at Accumoto
Old 07-12-2017, 03:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Jim Buckley
Mark White at Accumoto
^^This^^

E class gurus...
Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 785 Likes on 508 Posts

I think Dan Jacobs has done some pretty good Bilstein setups, no?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:00 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

+ 1 for Accumoto. They bought my 911 and turned it into a really nice E car. Dan Jacobs built some great E cars too. Both far away though.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:12 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I am a customer of a pretty good race shop right now that specializes in vintage Porsche who is more than capable of installing parts and tuning the car. However, I'm their first E-car customer so I don't want to do the trial and error thing if someone else who develops and races E cars already has a good "plug and play" package that works perfectly within the class rules. No need to reinvent the wheel....
Old 07-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Dan Jacobs
Mark white
Buckley

Key is getting someone to spill the beans......vs send you parts.....some like tail happy, some like plow heavy, some like burning cash...i mean triples (yes I'm jealous)

will be a big help to know what your torsion bars are currently in the car as that will have a big impact, also what sways your running..

And last school of thought we talked about was STFU and drive.....unless something is broken, spend the money on seat time, coaching .....coach may be able to do the adjustments for you or say something is broken....ill bet there is some adjustments you could make to make the car decent without spending money, but have to know current set up (sways, ride height, tire pressure etc)

I did and hopefully will do just fine on bilsteins, from Charlie at Intersport but I know your looking elsewhere
Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 PM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

On an old 911 certainly new bushings, I am partial to the Elephant racing Polybronze, Adjustable sway bars and heavier torsion bars Call Elephant racing, He will set you up with the parts you need
Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Dan Jacobs
Mark white
Buckley

Key is getting someone to spill the beans......vs send you parts.....some like tail happy, some like plow heavy, some like burning cash...i mean triples (yes I'm jealous)

will be a big help to know what your torsion bars are currently in the car as that will have a big impact, also what sways your running..

And last school of thought we talked about was STFU and drive.....unless something is broken, spend the money on seat time, coaching .....coach may be able to do the adjustments for you or say something is broken....ill bet there is some adjustments you could make to make the car decent without spending money, but have to know current set up (sways, ride height, tire pressure etc)

I did and hopefully will do just fine on bilsteins, from Charlie at Intersport but I know your looking elsewhere
Unfortunately no more seat time until the repair from the VIR "incident" is complete. Supposedly in progress. Agreed on getting more experience in this car. Can only help!

The only thing that makes it hard to baseline is that we have no idea what's in the car currently since we didn't build it. Don't know the shock valving, sway bar brand (front and rear appear to be different manufacturers), or even what size torsion bars are in there.

I have asked my shop to start investigating as soon as the car gets back from the body shop. I'm essentially just running it the way it showed up. At least from a suspension perspective, the rest of the car was a disaster lol.

Would be nice to have a popular setup so I can compare apples to apples with other E cars.

Triples are way out of my budget but was thinking properly valved Bilsteins, bushings, and nice set of a known brand/stiffness sway bars.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:45 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgmark
On an old 911 certainly new bushings, I am partial to the Elephant racing Polybronze, Adjustable sway bars and heavier torsion bars Call Elephant racing, He will set you up with the parts you need
I emailed elephant. Their package for a race car was $10k. Yikes.

That did include their Von Street shocks and every little bit/component.

Seems like many people are happy with properly valved bilsteins so I'm not sure spending the money on a non adjustable Von Street setup would be worth the money.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:49 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I think Dan Jacobs has done some pretty good Bilstein setups, no?
Ironically I have a picture from VIR last month with a Dan Jacobs car. He is hairy dog, right?
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

While I certainly appreciate Evans endorsement I think that Jim, Mark, and Charlie are at the pointy end of the stick right now. There also a number of drivers that are outstanding in this class currently
That being said I have several used sets of T bars, Sway bars, and shocks that will put you in good shape for very reasonable money
PM me if interested
Old 07-13-2017, 05:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Sounds like Dan has a good, economical solution for the OP, for sure!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Jacobs
While I certainly appreciate Evans endorsement I think that Jim, Mark, and Charlie are at the pointy end of the stick right now. There also a number of drivers that are outstanding in this class currently
That being said I have several used sets of T bars, Sway bars, and shocks that will put you in good shape for very reasonable money
PM me if interested
You got that right.... There are some great drivers in that class. I'd need Dan, Clark and Evan to not show up even have a shot at 3rd place lol.

Quick Reply: Who would be considered the PCA 911 E-Class suspension gurus?