Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you consider to Hot for Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I don't race... I tap out at 100, hence I skip track days during heat of summer here. It just isn't that fun, the heat in the car, the car takes it OK (temps, but tires you have to watch), but the paddock time, etc... I do this for FUN and fun for me isn't sitting at a race track in 100+ degree temps!
Old 07-10-2017, 03:53 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,460 Likes on 1,955 Posts

Before having a cool suit I realized while out on track that I was not 100%. Pulled in and the act of getting out of the car got me light headed. I wasn't hydrating enough.

Simple rule - if your pee isn't the color of water you are not drinking enough.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,693 Likes on 874 Posts

At least as important if not more so: if you're not peeing hourly, you're not drinking enough water
Old 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default What do you consider to Hot for Tracking?

Easy. July and August in the Southeast.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

There is a recent thread on this subject that I posted last year. Hydration is key but its also what you are taking in that is almost as important. In short, during a particularly hot race weekend last July that I alluded to above, I drank plenty- and while felt fine the whole time, a physical on the following Monday showed I'd lost 7 lbs. and stressed my kidneys. Too much water without enough electrolytes, vitamins and minerals. Lesson learned.

Last edited by Ritter v4.0; 07-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 AM
PorscheFanGreg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Auto Club Speedway last Saturday. It sure felt like 107. I’ve been to this track when it was 104 and Buttonwillow in 106. This last weekend was so much better for me.

I now have the larger 19 qt ice box AND the Cool Water Pants to go with the Cool Shirt. I got the pants from Apex Performance. Just tell Linda your size and what side, left or right, you want the hoses on. I color coded the hoses so when I connect the pants to the shirt the cold water goes to the shirt first then to the pants. The pants come with one male and one female hose connector. This is the second hot event I have used the pants and I’m glad to have them.

I had one run session that I had a problem. I didn’t have enough water in the bottom of the cooler and the pump was sucking air. It got water only in right hand corners. I had to wait maybe 5 laps for enough ice to melt to have cold water all lap long as there are only a couple of right hand corners at this track.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I tap out at 100
In Florida we race in 90-95F all the time, rarely we'll get a day close to 100F. The killer here is the humidity, 80% is average and 90% is common, makes sitting in the car like being in a convection oven.

I started using a cool suit when I ran HPDE, it's really a must for summer events.

Originally Posted by PorscheFanGreg
I was at Auto Club Speedway last Saturday. It sure felt like 107. I’ve been to this track when it was 104 and Buttonwillow in 106. This last weekend was so much better for me.

I now have the larger 19 qt ice box AND the Cool Water Pants to go with the Cool Shirt. I got the pants from Apex Performance.
19qt might be ok for 30 min sprint races, we run a 30qt for 90 minute endurance stints.

Those cool pants sound interesting!

Ryan

Quick Reply: What do you consider to Hot for Tracking