Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion Eligibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 10:25 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Rennsport Reunion Eligibility

I just received my application for racing at the Rennsport reunion. If anyone is interested, here what was said about eligibility.

3. CAR ELIGIBILITY
All Racing Porsches. Entries subject to approval by PCNA.

All racing Porsches that appear* similar to a model campaigned by Porsche in the past and present are invited to participate in the Rennsport Reunion II at Daytona International Speedway.
* i.e. cars must use body work that is similar in appearance to that produced and/or run by Porsche Racing. For example a GT3 wing on a 914 is not allowed. A photograph is required with each entry.

PCA CLUB RACING CARS must meet Club rules and regulations

Any questions go to:

http://www.gorace.com/rennsport2/rules.php

Just thought everyone would be interested.

Lets all go and have fun, as well as show our support at a great historical track..

See ya there!
Old 11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Does this mean a stock class 993 or 996 could race with the 993/6 Cup cars being the similar models? Is this event geared more to GT cars than the stock classes ?

PCA rules but not a PCA event?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Al P.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone with a 944/924 interested in RR II but not yet involved in the Cup go to www.944cup.com there are currently 23 Cup cars and 8 Super Cup cars going.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Al P.
Pro

Bill as I understand it this is not a PCA club race but PCA club racers have been invited to run.

James and Brian Redman are running the show so I would assume it will be run similar to the J500.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:26 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

I read the info on the site to mean that they were really looking for more historical and/or rare cars than say a stock class 993. Am I wrong? I was thinking I might head down anyway, but it would be great to take the car and really be part of the event. I was sooo looking forward to racing at Daytona.
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I registered on line but was surprised at how little car info was requested. I guess that will be follow up information by e mail.
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

For what it is worth, I spoke to my PCA zone rep sometime ago and PCA has nothing to do with this race. Classes, eligbility and tech are based on James and Brian's structure as Al P. stated.

I would email James with any questions. He is really nice guy and will get you an answer.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Bill,
Check the website and you will see the categories. You and I would race in the "All 911 category (non turbo)" , Cup cars have their own category. But we could be racing with anything from a GT3RS to an old 2.7l RS. There is a class for all other PCA racers that don't fit in one of the main four classes.

I will be there.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

John,
Read this.

3. CAR ELIGIBILITY
All Racing Porsches. Entries subject to approval by PCNA.

All racing Porsches that appear* similar to a model campaigned by Porsche in the past and present are invited to participate in the Rennsport Reunion II at Daytona International Speedway.
* i.e. cars must use body work that is similar in appearance to that produced and/or run by Porsche Racing. For example a GT3 wing on a 914 is not allowed. A photograph is required with each entry.

Your car and mine look a lot like many of the cars that have been campaigned by Porsche
Old 11-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a ball. I missed the racing categories on the web site. I will go back and check it out.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Daytona, much like Watkins Glen, is a huge track that will allow alot of cars. I'm sure that if your car is clean and isn't a 914 with a 707 wing attached to it, it'll make the cut. When I did the 50/50, it was a blast and I had as much fun racing as I did oogling the cars and watching the other races. Looks like only one race though. Would've been nice to have an enduro like the 50/50/

If you don't have a hotel room, I'd get one now. There are alot of hotels on the beach, but I usually pass on them because they seem to be old and smell like mildew. Tons of hotels right off 95 and many are closer than staying at the beach.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

I've done the Jefferson 500 in the past so I emailed James Redman last week. He basically said there would be space for PCA Club Racers. Got the link to the forms from him yesterday after getting the OK from the CFO, I registered this morning.

If it's anything like the Jefferson 500, it will be a blast! Brian and James Redman put on a great event.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Al P.
Pro

Good point on the lodging. Some of the hotels are already booked.

Incidently part of the registration process involves sending a picture of your car and they left off a place for your transponder number on the app. but they want it so send it along
Old 11-21-2003, 12:14 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Remember, when you are booking the hotel, the beach is several miles from the track. The track is right off I95 and there are several hotels around I95.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:34 PM
andy sanborn
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Laurie and I just registered and as Jim knows, i an planning on having my brakes fixed by then.......................(actually i think they are fixed now, but the car is in bed til March to confirm.

anyone have names of good hotels vs bad ones?

thanks

andy

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion Eligibility