Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 AM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 987part
U shouldnt go over the turtle like i do

I need to make adjustments on the car/suspension

Hehe
Phew... A small change in our entry to 2 will fix that easily. Apex a bit later for the first apex, and don't be afraid to get the car all the way over to the left... like you are clipping an apex at Monaco in the 2017 Ferrari F1 car. Just a tiny bit more turn-in after the first apex and gas gas gas should hook you up to hit the 2nd apex with grace... I tend to mess up the entry into 3 because I am so happy when I get it right. The feeling is amazing!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:44 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Phew... A small change in our entry to 2 will fix that easily. Apex a bit later for the first apex, and don't be afraid to get the car all the way over to the left... like you are clipping an apex at Monaco in the 2017 Ferrari F1 car. Just a tiny bit more turn-in after the first apex and gas gas gas should hook you up to hit the 2nd apex with grace... I tend to mess up the entry into 3 because I am so happy when I get it right. The feeling is amazing!
If I feel the car getting "sucked into" T2 after the first apex (whoomp! the hump) I know I nailed it. Not much time to gloat until T3, though

Gary
Old 05-31-2017, 11:42 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
There are a lot of approaches to T2 in terms of timing, direction, approach/distance to the first apex. I wouldn't prescribe something so precise - the bigger concern is where the grip is for a given car on a given day and how much speed you can throw down the hill and still gather the car up the mid corner to shoot for the exit
Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm trying to think of a more thrilling sensation than feeling a car hook up on full throttle after the "hump" in turn 2, clip the apex at 2b and then rocket out over to the turtles before turn 3, but I can't
It really is the best.
My favourite corner

(What makes it even more thrilling is understanding what happens when you get it wrong --- Like, having to track out to the right of the exit turtles, on the marbles, in full pucker mode )
Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 PM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
I am happy to help you with notes but keep in mind that Mosport doesn't have a lot of useful external cues that can be captured on paper. Much better to go right seat and use video.

Also very important to do a track walk, particularly to appreciate elevation changes. That will help you with less brake in 5a
Matt, if you don't mind sharing your track notes, I would love them as well...
Going to race there in August for Canam, First time there...
Old 07-17-2018, 12:41 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Rick Bye does a track walk on friday but I am happy to also do one with a little more specific focus on cues and "how to" in each section.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 AM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Rick Bye does a track walk on friday but I am happy to also do one with a little more specific focus on cues and "how to" in each section.
Great offer!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:17 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I did a track walk with Matt a few years ago and promptly dropped over 2 seconds in the next session. Do it.

Quick Reply: Mosport track walk notes