Sponsored by:

Viper Total Kill on Suzuki Swift at the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 AM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Viper Total Kill on Suzuki Swift at the Nurburgring

645 Horsepower Viper SRT Black Mamba Edition (AT 311 AX) totally schools 130 HP Suzuki Swift, beating it by over one second during a BTG lap at the Ring! The Viper pilot is a master of the accelerator, screaming forward at every straight, a master of the brakes, stopping dead at every curve, dip, crest, and shadow on the track. The responsive Viper steering allows rapid blocking maneuvers, as well as more gentle random wandering from side to side.

With a lap at the Ring in a rented car costing only about $75, the Suzuki driver was surely grateful for all the insights gained by watching the Viper's bumper.

Skip forward to 5:40 to see a fly-by from what looks like an RS. Clearly, it is not a 500HP RS, but really some sort of 10,000 HP test mule for Fusion technology:

God bless all you SPB and SM drovers, you must have the patience of saints. I am surprised there are not more homicides at track days....
Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

All that straight track and Viperdude can't shake the little Swift that can barely wheeze it's way into the triple digits given enough time and a tailwind.

I suppose it's better than the Viper going flat out and participating in one of those 'Ring car vs Armco videos - although in that case at least Viperdude would have only ruined his lap rather than someone else's.

-Mike
Old 05-17-2017, 02:27 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 66 Posts

Classic..........its a story i hear every year at least, or at every DE ive ever been to.. "i beat that (fill in the blank for your favorite supercar)" in my miata.

Littlle does the swift know, that the viper had his wife in the front seat bitching at him to slow down as she was spilling her coffee and crumbs were going everywhere from the struddel.

loved the fact that the suzuki had a top speed of 89mph on most straights.

he won the "Ring" DE! participation trophies for alll!!

10 mins later, they still hadnt completed a lap..... i think i know of a racer girl that ran a full sized Van in under 9 mins at the Ring. hahaaha!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM
S4ordie
Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 195 Posts

Swift driver is buddy of Viper buddy. Wanted vid of the experience. Even I can drive faster than that.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Hey, it's a public road. Just proves the general public is stupid all over the world.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:51 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 202 Posts

I hope Sugarwood is watching
Old 05-18-2017, 12:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega

God bless all you SPB and SM drovers, you must have the patience of saints. I am surprised there are not more homicides at track days....

Quick Reply: Viper Total Kill on Suzuki Swift at the Nurburgring