Aim SOLO and AMB Transponder Variance

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 892 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Thanks, I'll dig them up. Bummer you have to go in and set all the coordinates manually to get lap times that match transponders.
Usually, you don't. If you follow Peter's instructions above, you will usually only have to upload the latest GPS info once. I still bet that you simply need the latest GPS data files.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:09 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Usually, you don't. If you follow Peter's instructions above, you will usually only have to upload the latest GPS info once. I still bet that you simply need the latest GPS data files.
Hrmm, I updated them about 6 months ago but I'll do it again. Weird thing is for other sessions my data was pretty close to the transponder time so I was thinking bad GPS signal or something.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 892 Likes on 546 Posts

One other thing you can do with the GPS lap insert is reference it to another test rather than the AIM standard.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Looking at the file, I think the problem was with where the satellites were and environmental issues, not the Solo. GPS lap insert didn't make a difference and didn't correct the problem - his s/f coordinates were good.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Looking at the file, I think the problem was with where the satellites were and environmental issues, not the Solo. GPS lap insert didn't make a difference and didn't correct the problem - his s/f coordinates were good.
I looked at the data and Racehero results and it appears that NASA didn't pick up his last couple of laps one of which was his fastest. The laps that were picked up matched pretty closely with AIM.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:41 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
I looked at the data and Racehero results and it appears that NASA didn't pick up his last couple of laps one of which was his fastest. The laps that were picked up matched pretty closely with AIM.
I only had the data file and what they said his fast lap was. If the transponder was week or they missed laps, that would be interesting.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I only had the data file and what they said his fast lap was. If the transponder was week or they missed laps, that would be interesting.
I think you're on to something. I bet you the transponder died or was very weak. I don't show Cosmos running any laps after that according to racehero.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:33 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
Yep that looks to be the case, thank you both for the help. I love the racing community. Unfortunately it looks like the transponder failed, strange because it picked up laps the next session. Oh well, I'll mount it somewhere else next time.

Quick Reply: Aim SOLO and AMB Transponder Variance