which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 948 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Only the best for you!
No Question!

It's nice to get the same style around Road America.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:01 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just stayed at the Fairfield in Horseheads for last weekend's DE. It was one of the nicest of that brand, plus you're right next to plenty of food options and the Arnot Mall.

Anyone complaining about a beautiful 20 minute drive through rolling hills while attending a track weekend deserves to be flogged.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:48 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Due to fam conflict I just cancelled a 2 night soujourn at Glen Motor Inn for the NY Metro PCA DE. So thats an opening if someone needs it. Ive never been but someone shared some photos of these incredibly scenic views last year.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:04 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,147 Posts

Harbor
Old 05-10-2019, 11:05 AM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if the Glen has showers available for DE? Thinking about staying on track overnight with Zone 1.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:11 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,156 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
I just stayed at the Fairfield in Horseheads for last weekend's DE. It was one of the nicest of that brand, plus you're right next to plenty of food options and the Arnot Mall.

Anyone complaining about a beautiful 20 minute drive through rolling hills while attending a track weekend deserves to be flogged.
I've stayed at this hotel - it is very nice.

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Harbor
But the Harbor is the mac-daddy of hotels in the area. Beautiful rooms, nice restaurant and bar, awesome patio outside with great view of the lake, and nice walking distance to some other nice restaurants.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:21 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexaqui
Does anyone know if the Glen has showers available for DE? Thinking about staying on track overnight with Zone 1.
Yes, they have showers.

You are probably better off at The Seneca (if you want cheap with a bar you can stumble home from) as the rooms are $90/night. No, it is not the Harbor, but it's also not $300/night.

My rule of thumb is: If the wife is tagging along, Harbor. If I'm solo, Seneca. But that's me. YMMV...

If you are thinking about staying over at the track, make sure they are allowing camping when you're there.

Have a blast. The track is one of the best there is!!

Edit: If you stay in Horseheads at one of the chain hotels, please keep in mind that you are 25-30 minutes rom the track, so factor that in to your decision making. The Seneca is about 4 minutes and the Harbor is about 7 minutes from the track.

There is also the Falls Motel in Montour falls. I think that place is also about 4 minutes from the track.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:50 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Niagara PCA on Mon-Tue, May 27-28 does NOT allow camping. The club declined to pay the $1,000 security fee.
Metro NY PCA on Wed-Thu, May 29-30 DOES ALLOW CAMPING.
Zone 1 PCA on Fri-Sun, DOES ALLOW CAMPING.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:51 AM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Yes, they have showers.

You are probably better off at The Seneca (if you want cheap with a bar you can stumble home from) as the rooms are $90/night. No, it is not the Harbor, but it's also not $300/night.

My rule of thumb is: If the wife is tagging along, Harbor. If I'm solo, Seneca. But that's me. YMMV...

If you are thinking about staying over at the track, make sure they are allowing camping when you're there.

Have a blast. The track is one of the best there is!!

Edit: If you stay in Horseheads at one of the chain hotels, please keep in mind that you are 25-30 minutes rom the track, so factor that in to your decision making. The Seneca is about 4 minutes and the Harbor is about 7 minutes from the track.

There is also the Falls Motel in Montour falls. I think that place is also about 4 minutes from the track.
Thanks for the response! I normally stay at a friend's house (he's traveling when I am going) or in Horseheads at the Fairfield. Just not in the mood to pay what they are charging now to stay at a mediocre at best hotel. A buddy is thinking about camping and I now have a big F250 and thinking about camping out at the track. I have a grill, etc. so could be a fun time just chilling up there. Minimizes the back and forth and possibly makes it a very chill environment... I'll probably end up in a hotel

I'm going to the Zone 1 event. Email from organizer says camping is free.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:01 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the response! I normally stay at a friend's house (he's traveling when I am going) or in Horseheads at the Fairfield. Just not in the mood to pay what they are charging now to stay at a mediocre at best hotel. A buddy is thinking about camping and I now have a big F250 and thinking about camping out at the track. I have a grill, etc. so could be a fun time just chilling up there. Minimizes the back and forth and possibly makes it a very chill environment... I'll probably end up in a hotel

Nice. Whatever you decide, have a blast.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,156 Likes on 1,850 Posts

I always think about camping out in my trailer but then I get lazy.

Nice thing about the harbor is you can drink out back and not have to worry about driving back to the hotel. Just hate it when some prigs complain about complains about cigar smoke!
Old 05-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

I've been going to WGI for years, If by myself Falls Motel in Montour Falls, 10 minutes from the track. If with wife, Harbor as previously mentioned but at 3x price.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:39 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
I've been going to WGI for years, If by myself Falls Motel in Montour Falls, 10 minutes from the track. If with wife, Harbor as previously mentioned but at 3x price.
And no $169 track rates at The Harbor for weekend events. All about the wife.....
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,611 Likes on 837 Posts

Seneca
Old 05-10-2019, 06:17 PM
T&T Racing
Drifting

Received 345 Likes on 274 Posts

There are showers at WGI but check to see if they are open for your DE event. Maybe on for a major race weekend. Can camp at the State Park, there are showers available. Entrance is just beyond the Seneca Lodge.

Quick Reply: Best place to stay near Watkins Glen