Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Way to go, Hunt! Glad you and the car were plague free this time around!
Old 06-05-2017, 02:51 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Nice job Hunt. The best I could manage was 7th and 8th and I couldn't even get into the 13s but if you average the two the way they do for trophies, accounting for DNFs, then I got 5th. I'll take it and declare myself prince of the mid-packers. I wish I would have done the enduro, and I was going to if it got better but it got too much better and I just didn't feel like unloading and putting the drys back on. Some wierd things going on out there but I had a blast anyway!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:12 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mannym5
Great time(as always) at The Glen. Here is a video of the purple group enduro from my SPC. Track went from quite wet at the start and gradually dried. I made the last minute decision to go on slicks the entire race and it paid off for me in the end despite having to be very cautious the first 20-30min. Ended up 1st in SPC and 4th overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx7gW9NmGdU&t=422s

Here is a 360 cam view of yellow sprint 2 race start.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2ZXZHJV5k
Manny, great drive. I was in the white/blue Cayman behind you forever, got absolutely killed on my rains as the track dried out (they're toast). Great call on the slicks, even better driving early while the track was still wet. Congrats on a great finish.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Thanks to the stewards for allowing the quasi split start in sprint one. It was great getting all the Boxsters together for a photo op. Sorry to any of the D cars we steamrolled on the restart but it was a blast.
I thought the "quasi split" was insane. We went around like an accordion, and then I watched Bill Rudner jump the start before T10 (my guess is he got a "Green Green" radio call but who knows). Why did they not simply throw two greens? That was the dumbest idea I have ever seen, leaving it up to the leaders to hit the gas at the Bridge for a start?? NOT a fan, hope it never occurs again..
Old 06-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Manny nice driving
Old 06-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I thought the "quasi split" was insane. We went around like an accordion, and then I watched Bill Rudner jump the start before T10 (my guess is he got a "Green Green" radio call but who knows). Why did they not simply throw two greens? That was the dumbest idea I have ever seen, leaving it up to the leaders to hit the gas at the Bridge for a start?? NOT a fan, hope it never occurs again..

SPB was not scheduled for a split start, so once they threw the green the race was on for all in the group.

Aaron
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver8
SPB was not scheduled for a split start, so once they threw the green the race was on for all in the group.

Aaron
Technically true but a gentlemen's agreement had been struck in order to create our own unofficial race group/start which we enjoy when paired with the SP1-3 but our numbers were to big to put us with them this time so E class was the big winner.

They let us try it. Some liked it some didn't. Gary is a grumpy old man, resistant to change
Old 06-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak

They let us try it. Some liked it some didn't. Gary is a grumpy old man, resistant to change
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Technically true but a gentlemen's agreement had been struck in order to create our own unofficial race group/start which we enjoy when paired with the SP1-3 but our numbers were to big to put us with them this time so E class was the big winner.

i was in the tower for that particular start and the call to the start finish flagger was only one green flag.

Come on Gary, you were at The Glen racing, how grumpy could you be?!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:01 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Worst picture ever

Originally Posted by mmuller
Best picture ever!

Actually, I like this one. Much better composition.

Originally Posted by Gary R.

I was a little worried about everybody hitting turn 1 with stone cold tires but these things work pretty well cold. Over all I'd say it worked pretty well though it would be nice to have a pace car. The flagger did indeed throw us a green when we got there. When I thought about it later that was a pretty good idea in case some in the front didn't know if the first group got a green or not.
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

^^ Hard to argue with that Scott

Originally Posted by Driver8
i was in the tower for that particular start and the call to the start finish flagger was only one green flag.

Come on Gary, you were at The Glen racing, how grumpy could you be?!
Exceedingly grumpy.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Green Sprint 1

Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRW
Manny, great drive. I was in the white/blue Cayman behind you forever, got absolutely killed on my rains as the track dried out (they're toast). Great call on the slicks, even better driving early while the track was still wet. Congrats on a great finish.
Thanks it was a lot of fun working through the traffic with you.
Oh man I feel bad for your tires! I cant imagine doing that whole race on full wets. Nice job as well
Old 06-05-2017, 09:08 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Manny- What 360 camera are you using? That is a cool video.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Manny- What 360 camera are you using? That is a cool video.
https://www.360fly.com/shop/cameras/360fly-hd

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Club Race