Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

My first race in the new E car. Took some time to get used to no ABS, no power steering, and no HP but a ton of fun nonetheless. Scrutes told me my car had "the most stock heads" out of everyone they inspected. Not sure what that means and if it's good or bad. 2nd race was a blast with 4 of us dicing it up the entire time. Would have finished 6th I think if it wasn't for the ending...Great to be back in E again with some really fantastic drivers.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Nice driving. These look like fun cars. Sorry about the end. That's a tough place to get stuck.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,114 Likes on 1,812 Posts

NOT worried about Evan returning to past front-running form. His excellent coaching for other drivers will be applied in due time...
Old 06-10-2017, 08:16 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by good hands
My first race in the new E car. Took some time to get used to no ABS, no power steering, and no HP but a ton of fun nonetheless. Scrutes told me my car had "the most stock heads" out of everyone they inspected. Not sure what that means and if it's good or bad. 2nd race was a blast with 4 of us dicing it up the entire time. Would have finished 6th I think if it wasn't for the ending...Great to be back in E again with some really fantastic drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObOUvtTBbA
Feeling safe with the "good hands" logo! Thanks for sharing Scott
Old 06-11-2017, 09:57 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Good chunk from Sprint 2. Despite the bump on Friday it was a good weekend and great driving with our growing SPC group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rjj...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-11-2017, 10:12 PM
987part
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Good chunk from Sprint 2. Despite the bump on Friday it was a good weekend and great driving with our growing SPC group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rjj...ature=youtu.be
Good car control in the bus stop matt
Old 06-12-2017, 12:56 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by 987part
Good car control in the bus stop matt
I try to drive it Quebec style and not spill my beer. Sometimes the cigarette drops in my lap though.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:02 PM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Good stuff - sorry for the delay in posting....it's been a hectic week getting ready for an MX-5 doubleheader at Indy and Road America.

Lots of fun racing with the Spec Boxster guys....such a great class of friendly people!

In our camp - very proud of Hunt getting pole and podiums in one of our builds, and Topher learning the track and getting on the podium in the rain enduro. He plans to go back for the MX-5 race later in the year (along with Luis who I was doing lead/follow with in the MX-5's on the DE days).

Seemed like the race was a little disorganized this year compared to last...and very very disappointed that we (SPB) weren't given a split start when we asked due to an "unwritten PCA policy" that apparently is so secret they wouldn't discuss it during the driver's meeting.

Here's some slip and slide action from the purple enduro (up to the pit stop about halfway), which started off wet and ended dry. More of y'all should have stuck around, it was a lot of fun!

Porsche repairs, servicing, and upgrades / Certified IMS installer / PDK repair experts

Over 150 PDK's repaired and counting:
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 06-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by toddlamb
Old 06-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Rennpoints.com is updated.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Rennpoints.com is updated.
So much for standing around for 90 minutes to show video of a car passing 3 double yellows before passing me on the last lap of Race 2. It never seems to pay off.... why do I bother?
Old 06-20-2017, 12:04 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

looks like the SPC rain tire is another fail this year.

is it as dangerous as last year??
Old 06-20-2017, 08:51 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
looks like the SPC rain tire is another fail this year.

is it as dangerous as last year??
What makes you say that? Myself, Matt D, and Corey M have all used toyo R1R's this year in wet conditions and have been relatively impressed with their wet performance, especially for a street tire. Matt kicked *** in Mid-Ohio on them beating out a bunch of the faster classes. Matt and Corey also showed great pace on them for the first 5 laps or so of the enduro before the track started drying out. I think we all agree they are a better rain tire than the 888's were.
I opted for slicks for the enduro only because the forecast showed no rain the rest of the afternoon which was correct. I did use the R1R's in the very wet morning warm-up and I was happy with them. I know there weren't a ton of drivers out, but I was out there with some of the top gtb cars in practice and didn't have any trouble keeping on their pace except for Frank flying out there on Michelin Rains!
Overall, they are not Hoosier h2o's, but I think they are good enough as our spec tire.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mannym5; 06-20-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

nicely done

r1r better than the 888 that is good. Last years tire was dangerous in my mind but we had to run the spec tire so we did. Glad they opened up to other toyo tires. I thought I saw todd pass matt on wets so was surprised to see a spb pass a spc especially matt. no offense todd.

looks like you guys were having fun.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:17 AM
cmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Manny's on the money with his description of the R1Rs. I'd say they're better than the average street tire and not terrifying like R888s... Also, due to my very unsuccessful rain predictions for Lime Rock and WGI I've actually had so much time on mine I actually had to check tread for VIR... haha

Anyhow, the first ten minutes of the enduro were great. If it had rained all 90 mins we would have been rocking it... (After it dried up though I was up to 45psi by the time I came in for the pit stop!!)

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Club Race