Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Towing... can you feel a 500lb difference?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:01 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by bpu699
Ok, looks like I will just buy new.... Got the info from Trailex...

New trailer is $5300, shipping is $300, so $5600. Spare tire is $200...tire rack is $600 (will pass on that for now, can always add later).

I gotta say, given that info, scratching my head on why used ones go for $4500+, when brand new is only $1000 more with new tires, brakes, warranty, etc...

Used is used, no?
I'm surprised new is that economical. To be fair, a lot of $4500 trailers are pretty tricked out, but that is not a bad deal at all. I'm assuming that $5600 trailer comes with 4 wheel brakes?

One thing about these aluminum trailers is they go against the typical uses is used arguments. Tires and brakes are consumable anyway, they don't rust, and it is easy to rehab a "used" one to "new" condition. They have a lot fewer moving parts .

-Mike
Old 02-04-2017, 09:28 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Ok, looks like I will just buy new.... Got the info from Trailex...

New trailer is $5300, shipping is $300, so $5600. Spare tire is $200...tire rack is $600 (will pass on that for now, can always add later).

I gotta say, given that info, scratching my head on why used ones go for $4500+, when brand new is only $1000 more with new tires, brakes, warranty, etc...

Used is used, no?
If its not too late and you are a PCA member make sure you mention that. AFAIK PCA members get a discount when buying one.

A suggestion, based on the delivery charge, it doesn't appear that you are too far from where you are buying it. It may be in your best interest to pick it up yourself and get a feel for it, the limitations, etc before you load a car on it.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:23 PM
bpu699

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
If its not too late and you are a PCA member make sure you mention that. AFAIK PCA members get a discount when buying one.

A suggestion, based on the delivery charge, it doesn't appear that you are too far from where you are buying it. It may be in your best interest to pick it up yourself and get a feel for it, the limitations, etc before you load a car on it.
Hmmm. Plan to order Monday. Thanks for the heads up on the pca discount... Will ask about that... 5%? 10%?

Some folks on the web mentioned that Trailex has a big sale every February and March... I asked, but the sales guy denied any sale was coming up...
Old 02-04-2017, 04:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Hmmm. Plan to order Monday. Thanks for the heads up on the pca discount... Will ask about that... 5%? 10%?

Some folks on the web mentioned that Trailex has a big sale every February and March... I asked, but the sales guy denied any sale was coming up...
1 easy and simple Rennlist search

There may be others on here as well as Google.

IMHO, no proof, I can see trailer manufacturer's doing a sale on specific models during the winter month to keep employees working while things might be a little slower than at the beginning of or during the "season". Makes sense?
Old 02-04-2017, 04:41 PM
bpu699

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did Google, couldn't find anything recent... Some of the posts on here with discounts were from 2007....

Quick Reply: Towing... can you feel a 500lb difference?