Sponsored by:

RIP myBailey07

Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts
Default RIP myBailey07

One of our own.

Last edited by ExMB; 01-09-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Great guy who I wish I had gotten to know better. RIP
Old 01-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,400 Likes on 748 Posts

He was my friend and my client. I will really miss him
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

RIP...too soon.
Had a good friend from my wife's med-school class who died around the same age of from the same cancer.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=469619

"Originally Posted by myBailey07
Just wanna say hi! Been lurking for a few months but finally felt like saying hi. In San Antonio, Texas, and love my 2011 DCT Mineral White M3. I have always been a super healthy fitness nut with many Ironman’s under my belt and I have never smoked a single cigarette in my life. Ever. In August of last year, at age 42, I was diagnosed with stage 4, terminal lung cancer as a result of a very rare genetic mutation. As a result, I have a very limited life expectancy. BUT, been living like crazy since then. The only material item on my bucket list was to finally drive a classy, fast, yet tricked out car and that’s where the M3 and EAS came in. This is in process with the M3 and recently had the interior "tricked out" a bit:-)

Last week I was able to knock out three items on my bucket list. While spending time with my brother from South Africa (item 1), doing a looong cross country road trip (item 2), I stopped by EAS in LA for a day. I piled on the work for them to do in one day and they never blinked to get it done for me that day. Every part got there in time and in addition to the interior I also dropped a late minute alignment and OEM exhaust mod on them. They just smiled and said they’ll get it done that day. After staying late that night the guys finished "tricking my car out" (item 3) and I was on my way to the next stop of my journey.

Cheers. Talk later.

Mike (Michiel)

My response to fellow members' posts:

Wow! I shared this post on bimmerpost.com about some mods to my car and mentioned the fact that since I have cancer it was on my bucket list. I wrote this post in less than five minutes and did not even think much of it as I am very open about the challenge I face in the hopes that it might educate, inspire or help someone, somewhere in the process. More than anything I just wanted to share the cool beemer pics with fellow beemer fans, get some beemer self validation,and thank the guys at EAS. Good service is rare these days.

THANKS for all the support and kind words guys. It has my wife in tears...

For some of you that have asked in private messages I am doing okay. I have a genetic mutation called ALK that drives the cancer and am on a clinical trial for an experimental medication targeted to that. It sort of puts the brakes on, but unfortunately cancer is clever and will eventually mutate its way around this inhibitor. So, it’s a game of hoping the medical world finds new stuff faster than the cancer mutates.

In the meantime it is about adjusting to the new reality, getting new perspective, realizing what is truly important, getting the most out of whatever time is left and also try and make a difference in the process. AND put as many miles on the M3 as I can as FAST as I can, but I guess I should rather not say that on a public forum...;-)

The biggest lesson I have learned is that waiting and fear are probably the things that hold us back most.

Have you ever found yourself waiting for the perfect moment to pursue that dream? Have you ever found yourself saying that you’ll do it in “just one more year”, that you need “just a bit more money” or “just a bit more time”? Staying in that bad relationship/job "just a bit longer"?

On August 13, 2013 a doctor ended up standing next to my bed with a heartbreaking message: “Your time is up and running out fast”. My biggest regrets are those times I could have treated people better and those times that fear and/or reluctance held me back from pursuing a dream.

Next time when you say “next year”, ask yourself what your answer should be, what will you do if you knew that next year might not be there. Will you still wait? Don’t.

So when the chance came up to own my M3, I though about it for about two seconds..;-)

For anyone interested in my progress and my musing on cancer, life, my car and other topics I post about these on Facebook. Find me under my name Michiel Espach and I will invite you to the group of folks following…

And I would love going on a cruise/meeting with those other folks with M3's here in San Antonio/ Austin.

Cheers and love

Michiel

Live Hard, Live Fast, Be Kind.

Modifications
- BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Front Splitters (EAS)
- BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim with IND Carbon Fiber Center Console (EAS)
- BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps (EAS)
- bmwpedals Aluminum Pedal Kit (EAS)
- bmwpedals Extended Billet DCT Shifter Paddles (EAS)
- IND Painted Reflectors - Mineral White (EAS)
- IND Painted Side Marker Gills - Black (EAS)
- Matte Black Kidney Grills
- Angel Eyes Upgrade - White
- EAS OEM BMW Exhaust Mod (EAS)

Not mod per se but also Corner Balancing and Alignment by EAS (Road Settings) making the car unbelievably solid and smooth."

Last edited by flatsics; 01-10-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:14 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Great guy, went out of his way to help me my first trip to COTA. The world needs more people like him.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,400 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
The world needs more people like him.
Truth
Old 01-09-2017, 09:33 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Damn...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-13-2017, 01:43 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

I have some more info from the Family.

They are open to having more people show up. The service is in San Antonio TX, and will be Saturday the 21st. Please PM me with your email address and I will send you more info on location and dress code. thx
Old 01-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a tribute being put together for the celebration of life event this weekend. This is an open call for pictures or videos that you may have of Michiel in action. Please send them to me and I will work to get them included.

This is Michiel fulfilling one of his bucket list items - becoming a nationally certified instructor.

Last edited by Texas RS; 01-16-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow - I didn't know Michiel but after reading his posts, I wish I had.
'May the road rise up to meet you...'
Old 01-16-2017, 01:16 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

CANCER SUCKS ...gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon
Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

This is sad news. Sounds like he was a great guy. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

never met him but like what he wrote above. Sounds like a great guy. Godspeed.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:50 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I didn't think I knew him, but damn, that car looks familiar. Yes, cancer is a bitch. Way too young.

Eyes up Michiel and don't lift.

-Mike
Old 01-16-2017, 06:31 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
I didn't think I knew him, but damn, that car looks familiar. Yes, cancer is a bitch. Way too young.

Eyes up Michiel and don't lift.

-Mike
Did not know him but being a survivor I feel a connection--so sorry that the disease took him.

RIP and thoughts and prayers to the family.

Gary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RIP myBailey07