Sponsored by:

PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 11:09 AM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Never been but thinking I'll go. General feedback is that it's fun but the idea of learning a track on test-and-tune day then racing has me feeling a bit intimidated frankly.
Originally Posted by hf1
Do you guys trailer to FL from NE or do you have shops transport your cars for you?

Starting in SPB next season as a rookie in a new to me car. Trying to keep new params to a minimum by at least starting at a known track (LRP). Sebring, maybe the season after.
My SPB debut was Sebring last year. It was also my first time racing Sebring. The test and tune Thursday offered a ton of track time and I was able to get up to speed pretty quick and felt pretty comfortable with the track by Friday. I opted out of DMTD(too much time away from work). Go at your own pace and don't feel too intimidated. It's a great track/event. I managed to get a 3rd place finish sprint 1 and was running right with the top guys sprint 2 until I lost 4th gear

I plan to trailer my car down. Luckily my family has a place in FL I can leave the car at for a bit which allows me to fly back to NY after the event and bring the car back at a later time. A few of the shops up in the NE usually have a few extra spots for transport. I think Provost mentioned he has room.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:47 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,156 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Do you guys trailer to FL from NE or do you have shops transport your cars for you?

Starting in SPB next season as a rookie in a new to me car. Trying to keep new params to a minimum by at least starting at a known track (LRP). Sebring, maybe the season after.
I trailered my car to a few races this year but Summit Point was the furthest I did. Not a fan of having to park the trailer in a hotel parking lot.

Sebring was my first race and the first time I was there two years ago. You should go if you can because you can get your first race jitters out of the way and then concentrate better on a track you know, like Lime Rock, in the spring.

You may also want to consider getting track support for your first race so you can concentrate on the experience rather than tending to your car. Its expensive but worth the money.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:09 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 672 Likes on 324 Posts

hf1 the other thing great about Sebring there are so many cars in just about every class that racing in class is great SPB for sure I think there were 22 SPB cars in first sprint. In addition to the large race field because there are so many of your type of car there is always someone around who is willing to help out if you run into a mechanical issue.
Join us
Rich
Old 11-26-2016, 04:43 PM
RickyBobby
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Thank for the link.one of the criteria is one MUST drive a Porsche (which I do, BUT not on track). I'm out.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
hf1 the other thing great about Sebring there are so many cars in just about every class that racing in class is great SPB for sure I think there were 22 SPB cars in first sprint. In addition to the large race field because there are so many of your type of car there is always someone around who is willing to help out if you run into a mechanical issue.
Join us
Rich
Hey Rich,

My brother Dave and I will be there again this year. If we're still around on Sunday, would be glad return the favor you did for me years ago at VIR when you lent a hand during the enduro pit stop. Look forward to seeing you.

Dan
Old 11-27-2016, 01:06 PM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

We will be there. Will also be at the SCCA Majors in Jan. If anyone needs coaching or trackside support we have open slots available. Headed down from Atlanta.
Porsche repairs, servicing, and upgrades / Certified IMS installer / PDK repair experts

Over 150 PDK's repaired and counting:
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 11-27-2016, 11:25 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

I cleaned up in D class last year.
Back this year in a GT4CS for DM and the 48.

Im skipping Winterfest due to schedule but I do not wanna miss the 48!

I would also love to run E class if Accumoto have a rental available.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:38 AM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

It will be my first time down at Sebring, and I can not wait! See you GTB1 folks down there!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:51 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be my first missed Sebring PCA CR in 10 years! Ouch Great Track! Incredible effort given by REMARKABLE volunteers! I will miss this event very much!
Y'all have a great time!
Old 11-30-2016, 02:35 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Ready for start of E championship battle 2017.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:24 PM
RickyBobby
Instructor

Originally Posted by wanna911
Also Jan 7-8th NASA.

YES!! That sounds fun, and timing is perfect.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:26 PM
RickyBobby
Instructor

Originally Posted by DTMiller
I would have been there if they were there any earlier but the kids have stuff in early Feb we need to be up here for.
Will you be there for NASA David? Jan 7-8
Old 12-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sleder
This will be my first missed Sebring PCA CR in 10 years! Ouch Great Track! Incredible effort given by REMARKABLE volunteers! I will miss this event very much!
Y'all have a great time!
Will miss you for sure in gtb1
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be there volunteering as usual. Last year I helped on the grid.. Good Luck to all and see ya there.
Rob

All signed up for grid, 3 days, can't wait to see the Grid Goons again!!
Old 12-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
I will be there volunteering as usual. Last year I helped on the grid.. Good Luck to all and see ya there.
Rob

All signed up for grid, 3 days, can't wait to see the Grid Goons again!!
Many thanks for volunteering!!! You guys run a tight ship - organization at this event is very impressive.

Quick Reply: PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017