Sponsored by:

Stilo Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 05:56 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
Just a note about the integrated ear muff helmets -- at the 2nd to last ELMS round the FIA technical scrutineer told me my helmet was no longer allowed in any FIA events (I have a Stilo Zero w/ integrated ear muffs and water system). Apparently they feel the ear muffs compromise something in an impact. He still signed off on it for that race but told me it wouldn't be permitted at the next and final round of the season. I wasn't buying a new helmet for a single race, so I brought it back to the next round and a different scrutineer didn't even mention it.

I would call BS on that and go right to the chief of tech. Helmets have to meet spec. There are stickers all over them like FIA8860 or SNELL2015. If it has those stickers it meets those specs whether or not they got muffs.

I have the stilo and the muffs do nothing for noise reduction. I still wear ear plugs.

I hate the Stilo coating on the lens. It is like the bad soft touch finish on Ferraris that always becomes sticky in a few months. It attracts dirt and is a pain to clean off. My next helmet won't be a stilo just because of that.

Quick Reply: Stilo Helmets