Sponsored by:

FAST cooling shirt question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
Different systems use different pumps, and they have switched pumps depending on when it was manufactured. Look at the pump and then search Amazon. I think most are in the 4-500 GPH range.

As an aside, I like the fact that my shirt is FIA rated fire resistant, I don't believe MOMO is. And it cools enough. Just have to remember to make ice blocks at home before I go, they last longer than cubes. And I can't wait to try out the head cooling this coming weekend.
that is certainly a consideration. i wear retardant shirt over. post what you think about the head cooler? i have one i will be trying in a week or so. all the more reason to up the pump capacity....
Old 08-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you guys are doing it wrong. The FAST system is different than the Coolshirt setup, and kinda reverse thinking. The first "click" from "ON" is the fastests flow (turns on every 2min) I mean barely turn the switch from the the "off" position for max flow. If you "turn it all the way up" you are increasing the time, by minutes, before the pump circulates water through your shirt.

Sometimes you have to read directions- (I'm guilty)
Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
Some of you guys are doing it wrong. The FAST system is different than the Coolshirt setup, and kinda reverse thinking. The first "click" from "ON" is the fastests flow (turns on every 2min) I mean barely turn the switch from the the "off" position for max flow. If you "turn it all the way up" you are increasing the time, by minutes, before the pump circulates water through your shirt.

Sometimes you have to read directions- (I'm guilty)
Holy Crap! This is my problem. (RTFM)

Thanks so much for clearing this up, all I can say is:

Old 08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surlynkid
You have drilled the hole in the pump discharge per Jeremy at CoolShirt, correct? The pump will start and then lose prime mid session. The correction is the hole. Linda from Apex posted info about it on RL.
This ^^^. We had the same issue with our version of the box. But, an easy fix. The pumps we now use with Coolshirt are 20,000 hour pumps. I would not upgrade a Coolshirt box pump unless you've checked with Jeremy on a problem. They are heavier duty than the old red, white and blue bilge models...extremely durable.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 08-03-2016, 11:50 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
This ^^^. We had the same issue with our version of the box. But, an easy fix. The pumps we now use with Coolshirt are 20,000 hour pumps. I would not upgrade a Coolshirt box pump unless you've checked with Jeremy on a problem. They are heavier duty than the old red, white and blue bilge models...extremely durable.
Is this the same for a FAST shirt system?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:15 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
I'm not sure about FAST. I would def give Jill a call and tell her the problems. May be an easy fix.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
This does not apply to the FAST System. COKE/PEPSI. Different systems
Old 08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

not to hijack but since we're talking coolshirt and fast

i have the racetech seat going on my I car that has a 1.5" connection for air. i bought the seat because of the quality and sizing (im 6'3" and narrow) but ventilated seat in the race car? at VIR? yes, please.

spoke w BRS guys and they said they needed a big fan to make it work, the stock blower was not enough Cfm to make it work w a driver in the seat.

anyone tried this? any experiences/solutions?

i see fast makes a 240cfm fan, was thinking of using that inline instead of the fan that came in my coolshirt system because its much more powerful...
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM
COOLSHIRT_Jeremy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fumes, our large 4 inch blower is a 235cfm blower. We have seen guys use it with an OMP seat without any issues. The larger the blower the better off you will be in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks! That's the one that came with my system. I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by COOLSHIRT_Jeremy
Fumes, our large 4 inch blower is a 235cfm blower. We have seen guys use it with an OMP seat without any issues. The larger the blower the better off you will be in my opinion.

Quick Reply: FAST cooling shirt question